I have some qustions about free pascal

彘

 Dear Free Pascal,
  I am a senior high school student from China,  when I use Free pascal I have some qustions:
  First, I want to use  some Turbo Pascal's Uint in Free Pascal (I learnt pascal in TP7.0)
 but it seems I can't use TP's unit file.
Can you tell me some solutions?
  Second, I can't find help files when I use free pascal
  Can you send me the help files of Free pascal?
  Third,I can't input Chinese in my program compiled by Free pascal.
 Can you give me some advices ?
 Forth, I also intrested in using Assemble language in Free pascal
but I don't know Assemble , and there is some differences between the assemble in turbo pascal and free pascal
 I also interested in that. Can you tell me how to learn asmmemble ?

  Best wishes to  you  .
                                                                                                 Andy        Andy Scout
    2010-1-12

Re: I have some qustions about free pascal

Jonas Maebe-2
When answering, please note that his person is not subscribed to the
list.

彘, please mention this fact if you send mails to the list in the
future, so that people know they have to cc you when replying.

On 12 Jan 2010, at 06:45, 彘 wrote:

> Dear Free Pascal,
>   I am a senior high school student from China,  when I use Free
> pascal I have some qustions:
>   First, I want to use  some Turbo Pascal's Uint in Free Pascal (I
> learnt pascal in TP7.0)
>  but it seems I can't use TP's unit file.
> Can you tell me some solutions?
>   Second, I can't find help files when I use free pascal
>   Can you send me the help files of Free pascal?
>   Third,I can't input Chinese in my program compiled by Free pascal.
>  Can you give me some advices ?
>  Forth, I also intrested in using Assemble language in Free pascal
> but I don't know Assemble , and there is some differences between
> the assemble in turbo pascal and free pascal
>  I also interested in that. Can you tell me how to learn asmmemble ?
>
>   Best wishes to  you  .
>                                                                                                  Andy
>         Andy Scout
>     2010-1-12_______________________________________________

Re: I have some qustions about free pascal

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
Hello 彘, Could you please subscribe to the list when asking questions
and also please send plain text instead of html?

>   First, I want to use  some Turbo Pascal's Uint in Free Pascal (I learnt pascal in TP7.0)
>  but it seems I can't use TP's unit file.

Why can't you use the unit? Could you show the unit, explain how you
are trying to use it and why it doesn't work?

>   Can you send me the help files of Free pascal?

There are here for download or consulting the html version:

http://www.freepascal.org/docs.var

>   Third,I can't input Chinese in my program compiled by Free pascal.
>  Can you give me some advices ?

Could you explain what kind of user interface you are developing and
in which operating system?

I think chinese input should work in Lazarus programs:
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Re: I have some qustions about free pascal

Tomas Hajny
On Tue, January 12, 2010 15:12, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> Hello 彘, Could you please subscribe to the list when asking questions
> and also please send plain text instead of html?
>
>>   First, I want to use  some Turbo Pascal's Uint in Free Pascal (I
>> learnt pascal in TP7.0)
>>  but it seems I can't use TP's unit file.
>
> Why can't you use the unit? Could you show the unit, explain how you
> are trying to use it and why it doesn't work?

Do you refer to using the unit source file (*.pas) or the compiled files
(*.tpu/*.tpp/*.tpw)? The compiled unit files cannot be used with FPC for
various reasons.

>>   Can you send me the help files of Free pascal?
>
> There are here for download or consulting the html version:
>
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs.var
>
>>   Third,I can't input Chinese in my program compiled by Free pascal.
>>  Can you give me some advices ?
>
> Could you explain what kind of user interface you are developing and
> in which operating system?
>
> I think chinese input should work in Lazarus programs:
> http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/

Considering the references to TP 7.0, I'd suspect that the poster referred
to console programs. Information about the target platform is obviously
still very important, of course, and a sample program showing which
particular functions/units are used for data entry together with
description of the observed behaviour / problem is important.

Tomas