How to use fpcres?

silvioprog
Hello,

This is my RC content (tablebuilder.rc):

SCRIPT_POSTGRESQL RCDATA "..\..\script\sql\postgresql.sql"

But when I try to compile it:

fpcres.exe tablebuilder.rc -o tablebuilder.res -of res
Error: No known file format detected for file 'tablebuilder.rc'

What the format expected by fpcres?

Thank you!

--
Silvio Clécio

2013/6/3 Giulio Bernardi <[hidden email]>

You need windres for that. Fpcres compiles a .res file into an object file.

Thank you very much! :)

--
Silvio Clécio

Re: How to use fpcres?

On 2013-06-03 16:15, Giulio Bernardi wrote:
> You need windres for that. Fpcres compiles a .res file into an object file.

Why doesn't FPC have it's own RC (resource) compiler? eg: I can't use
*.rc files in my open source projects like fpGUI because only Windows
releases includes a RC compiler - everybody else will get an error out
of the box.

Re: How to use fpcres?

On 2013-06-03 16:11, silvioprog wrote:

> This is my RC content (tablebuilder.rc):
>
> SCRIPT_POSTGRESQL RCDATA "..\..\script\sql\postgresql.sql"
>
> But when I try to compile it:

A very common mistake I have seen 100's of times... fpcres is NOT a
resource compiler. FPC really should have their own *.rc compiler as
standard.

Re: How to use fpcres?

Reinier Olislagers