How to uninstall old FPC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to uninstall old FPC

Free Pascal - General mailing list
How do I remove all of FPC 2.6.4 from macOS (11.6.4) so that I can install the newest version? Is everything in /usr/local/bin/ppc386 (see below)?

$ fpc
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.4 [2014/02/26] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2014 by Florian Klaempfl and others
/usr/local/bin/ppc386 [options] <inputfile> [options]

Jerry
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to uninstall old FPC

Jonas Maebe-3
On 13/02/19 10:55, list_email--- via fpc-pascal wrote:
> How do I remove all of FPC 2.6.4 from macOS (11.6.4) so that I can install the newest version? Is everything in /usr/local/bin/ppc386 (see below)?
>
> $ fpc
> Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.4 [2014/02/26] for i386
> Copyright (c) 1993-2014 by Florian Klaempfl and others
> /usr/local/bin/ppc386 [options] <inputfile> [options]

You can just install the new version and it will become the default. If
you wish to remove the remnants of the old version, you can delete the
directory /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.6.4

All fpc-related files in /usr/local/bin will be overwritten by files
with the same name of the newer version.


Jonas
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to uninstall old FPC

Free Pascal - General mailing list

> On Feb 13, 2019, at 10:44 AM, Jonas Maebe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 13/02/19 10:55, list_email--- via fpc-pascal wrote:
>> How do I remove all of FPC 2.6.4 from macOS (11.6.4) so that I can install the newest version? Is everything in /usr/local/bin/ppc386 (see below)?
>> $ fpc
>> Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.4 [2014/02/26] for i386
>> Copyright (c) 1993-2014 by Florian Klaempfl and others
>> /usr/local/bin/ppc386 [options] <inputfile> [options]
>
> You can just install the new version and it will become the default. If you wish to remove the remnants of the old version, you can delete the directory /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.6.4

At 300+ MB I think I will. Thanks!
Jerry
>
> All fpc-related files in /usr/local/bin will be overwritten by files with the same name of the newer version.
>
>
> Jonas



_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal