How to install another version of fpc?

Anthony Walter-3
I am running linux and already have fpc installed but i want to install side-by-side a newer verson of fpc ...

I downloaded the sources did make all && make install PREFIX=/home/username ... and everything's okay.

I made a /home/username/.fpc.cfg file, but when i type fpc in the CLI i still get the old version.

What do I have to do to get "fpc" to see the new version?

Re: How to install another version of fpc?

leledumbo
Administrator
fpc would look for the compiler in the same directory as it is. I believe your fpc resides in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin

http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2009-January/016299.html