How to discover which files are tagged or branced in a hook script?

How to discover which files are tagged or branced in a hook script?

Bo Berglund
If there is a commit to a tag operation, how can I find out which is
the tag and which files carry that tag?

I am trying to use svnlook for this on a repository converted from CVS
when investigating how to create a commit hook that will give me the
info about the files as well as the tag name.
But when I test on a revision that is the tag commit I only see the
tag in the info response as a log message created by cvs2svn during
conversion:

"This commit was manufactured by cvs2svn to create tag
'TagHTMLAdded3'."

When an actual tagging operation is done on the repository and the
post_commit hook fires, how can I know that the commit was for a
tag/branch operation and which tag/branch was involved?
And which files were tagged/branched?

I am working to adapt my CVSMailer program that sends out email to the
develper team when a change has been committed. So I need to just dig
out this information and then plug it into the existing mailer
program. (Well, maybe a bit more work, but basically that is it.)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

Re: How to discover which files are tagged or branced in a hook script?

Bo Berglund
On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 00:27:27 +0100, Bo Berglund
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>If there is a commit to a tag operation, how can I find out which is
>the tag and which files carry that tag?

I have tried various way to get at the information but failed so far,
the best I could do is  to use
svnlook changed -r <revision> <repository>
but then I have to parse the returned path looking for keyword /tags/
and grab the bit following this keyword:

D:\>C:\Programs\Subversion\svnlook changed -r 792 D:\SVN\bosse
A   XMLTV/tags/Rel_XMLTV2MEI_1-0-2-56_2011-02-09/

If I use "info" I am getting the response below but than the tag name
is embedded in the log message and cannot be relied upon:

D:\>C:\Programs\Subversion\svnlook info -r 792 D:\SVN\bosse
cvs2svn
2011-07-05 09:10:25 +0200 (ti, 05 jul 2011)
91
This commit was manufactured by cvs2svn to create tag
'Rel_XMLTV2MEI_1-0-2-56_2011-02-09'.

And using "changed" is basically also non-working except for parsing a
supplied path:

D:\>C:\Programs\Subversion\svnlook changed -r 792 D:\SVN\bosse
--copy-info
A + XMLTV/tags/Rel_XMLTV2MEI_1-0-2-56_2011-02-09/
    (from XMLTV/trunk/:r791)

And none of these show the *files* affected by the tagging....

So I tried to use the following command:

D:\>C:\Programs\Subversion\svnlook tree -r 792 D:\SVN\bosse --show-ids
--full-paths

But this lists ALL files in the *whole* repository, not even limiting
to the files in the module that was tagged by r792 even though the
documentation shows otherwise.

The repository is organized into modules (top level directories) as
was the CVS repository. These are each containing a separate project
non-related to the other projects except for the department managing
those projects.

When the whole *project* is tagged I want to be able to list all the
involved files even though they are not modified themselves.

How can this be accomplished? svnlook seems not to be able to do it...

<[hidden email]> wrote:

>If there is a commit to a tag operation, how can I find out which is
>the tag and which files carry that tag?

I'm sorry for spamming OT questions here!
I inadvertently posted to the *wrong* newsgroup on GMane!
It should be posted to subversion.users instead.
Both groups are open while I am struggling with Lazarus to get the
hook program working.

So disregard any messages on this subject here.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden