Helpers for objects (not classes)

Andrew Haines
Hi,

Do the new class helpers support objects?

If this is not implemented how much work (1-10) is it to do?

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: Helpers for objects (not classes)

Sven Barth-2
On 23.03.2015 21:39, Andrew Haines wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do the new class helpers support objects?
>
> If this is not implemented how much work (1-10) is it to do?

No, it's currently not supported, but it wouldn't be that hard to add.
In fact that's somewhere on my ToDo list as well as helpers for interfaces.

Re: Helpers for objects (not classes)

Michael Schnell
On 03/23/2015 09:39 PM, Andrew Haines wrote:

> Do the new class helpers support objects?

Are "Objects" not depreciated, anyway ?

IMHO "Object" and "Record" should just be subsumed under the Class
concept, so that the "Object" and "Record" keyword can be avoided a
certain modifier "Class" creates the appropriate types (of course
keeping the
"Object" and "Record" language construct as syntax candy for compatibility.

With that helpers and some more stuff would be ubiquitously usable.

-Michael

Am 24.03.2015 11:19 schrieb "Michael Schnell" <[hidden email]>:

> On 03/23/2015 09:39 PM, Andrew Haines wrote:
>>

>> Do the new class helpers support objects?
>>
> Are "Objects" not depreciated, anyway ?

Not in FPC.

> IMHO "Object" and "Record" should just be subsumed under the Class concept, so that the "Object" and "Record" keyword can be avoided a certain modifier "Class" creates the appropriate types (of course keeping the
> "Object" and "Record" language construct as syntax candy for compatibility.

No. Classes and records/objects are way to different. Even classes and objects have enough differences that merging them would lead to problems.

> With that helpers and some more stuff would be ubiquitously usable.

Most stuff added for classes is already useable for objects, because they share quote some code in the compiler. Helpers currently explicitly exclude objects (and interfaces).