Help me find a mp3 -> pcm audio data pascal implementation

Help me find a mp3 -> pcm audio data pascal implementation

Anthony Walter-3
Does anyone know if there exists an mp3 to pcm audio data implementation written in pascal?

A few days ago the mp3 format became patent free. A such a few OSS people are writing native mp3 decoders, for example Red Hat. Now I am wondering if anyone has written an mp3 decoder (to pcm data) for free pascal.

For reference, here is a C# mp3 decoder that can convert mp3 data to pcm data in blocks, which is a preferred method.

Re: Help me find a mp3 -> pcm audio data pascal implementation

fredvs
Anthony Walter-3 wrote
Does anyone know if there exists an mp3 to pcm audio data implementation
written in pascal?

A few days ago the mp3 format became patent free. A such a few OSS people
are writing native mp3 decoders, for example Red Hat. Now I am wondering if
anyone has written an mp3 decoder (to pcm data) for free pascal.

For reference, here is a C# mp3 decoder that can convert mp3 data to pcm
data in blocks, which is a preferred method.

https://github.com/ZaneDubya/MP3Sharp
Hello.

With uos ( https://github.com/fredvs/uos) you may save the mp3 into wav (integer 16/32 bit) or pcm (integer 16/32 + float32 bit).

Fre;D

Many thanks ;-)

Re: Help me find a mp3 -> pcm audio data pascal implementation

Sandro Cumerlato
Hello Anthony,
IIRC a Pascal mpeg decoder is implemented within IAP:

Best regards.

Sandro Cumerlato

On May 10, 2017 8:21 AM, "Anthony Walter" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does anyone know if there exists an mp3 to pcm audio data implementation written in pascal?

A few days ago the mp3 format became patent free. A such a few OSS people are writing native mp3 decoders, for example Red Hat. Now I am wondering if anyone has written an mp3 decoder (to pcm data) for free pascal.

For reference, here is a C# mp3 decoder that can convert mp3 data to pcm data in blocks, which is a preferred method.

Re: Help me find a mp3 -> pcm audio data pascal implementation

fredvs
This post was updated on .
Hello Sandro.

Sandro Cumerlato wrote
IIRC a Pascal mpeg decoder is implemented within IAP:

https://github.com/CWBudde/IAP
Wow.

I see the code is for Delphi.
Did you try it with fpc ?

There is no demo for mpeg decoder.
Do you know how to use it ?

Thanks.

Fre;D
Many thanks ;-)

Re: Help me find a mp3 -> pcm audio data pascal implementation

Sandro Cumerlato
Hello Fred,
I compiled it a few years ago, but I don't remember which compiler I
used, sorry.

IAP is  demo itself, but I remember that during my testing it was
quite unstable.

Maybe you can contact the author (C.W. Budde) directly for more info, good luck.

Sandro Cumerlato

On 12 May 2017 at 13:16, fredvs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Sandro.
>

> Sandro Cumerlato wrote
>> IIRC a Pascal mpeg decoder is implemented within IAP:
>>
>> https://github.com/CWBudde/IAP
>
> Wow.
>
> I see the code is for Delphi.
> Did you try it with fpc ?
>
> There are no demo for mpeg decoder.
> Do you know how to use it ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Fre;D
>

> -----
> Many thanks ;-)

Re: Help me find a mp3 -> pcm audio data pascal implementation

fredvs
Sandro Cumerlato wrote
Hello Fred,
I compiled it a few years ago, but I don't remember which compiler I
used, sorry.

IAP is  demo itself, but I remember that during my testing it was
quite unstable.

Maybe you can contact the author (C.W. Budde) directly for more info, good luck.

Sandro Cumerlato
OK, thanks.

Fre;D
Many thanks ;-)