GetLocaleInfo returns ZZZ

Darius Blaszyk-2
On my machine getlocaleinfo returns ZZZ when requesting the abbrev langname. The country code is correctly set to NL. This makes gettext.GetLanguageIDs return zz_NL. What could be causing this?

Also the behavior of GetLocaleInfoIDs does not seem to be according to the gettext manual. On windows the locale is determined by the Win API and on all other platforms the environment variables are checked as they are described in the manual but the first LANGUAGE env var is not probed and followed. This env var gives the preferred order of translations.

I would like to align this functionality over the platforms, but want to ask for advice wether or not a patch would be accepted.

Rgds Darius

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Re: GetLocaleInfo returns ZZZ

Michael Van Canneyt

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018, Darius Blaszyk wrote:

> On my machine getlocaleinfo returns ZZZ when requesting the abbrev langname. The country code is correctly set to NL. This makes gettext.GetLanguageIDs return zz_NL. What could be causing this?
>
> Also the behavior of GetLocaleInfoIDs does not seem to be according to the gettext manual. On windows the locale is determined by the Win API and on all other platforms the environment variables are checked as they are described in the manual but the first LANGUAGE env var is not probed and followed. This env var gives the preferred order of translations.
>
> I would like to align this functionality over the platforms, but want to
> ask for advice wether or not a patch would be accepted.

If you make a test program that shows the bug, and correct it, a patch will
be accepted.