GDBServer

   I'm trying to "convince" gdbserver ( not gdb ) to attach to a windows
service, but I'm always get the "Attach to process failed (error 5):
Access is denied. " .

   Did anyone succeed to use gdbserver ( not gdb ) to attach a window
service ?

regards,

--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis

Re: GDBServer

Free Pascal - General mailing list

Am 01.06.2017 16:49 schrieb "Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-pascal" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
>   I'm trying to "convince" gdbserver ( not gdb ) to attach to a windows service, but I'm always get the "Attach to process failed (error 5): Access is denied. " .
>
>   Did anyone succeed to use gdbserver ( not gdb ) to attach a window service ?

Are you running gdbserver as Administrator or as the same user as the service?

Re: GDBServer

Στις 2017-06-01 18:14, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal έγραψε:

> Am 01.06.2017 16:49 schrieb "Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-pascal"
> <[hidden email]>:
>  >
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  >   I'm trying to "convince" gdbserver ( not gdb ) to attach to a
> windows service, but I'm always get the "Attach to process failed
> (error 5): Access is denied. " .
>  >
>  >   Did anyone succeed to use gdbserver ( not gdb ) to attach a
> window service ?
>
> Are you running gdbserver as Administrator or as the same user as the
> service?

I tried runas /user:administrator the gdbserver with no luck. I changed
the window service to logon from local system account to a local user
with administrator rights and tried to execute the gdbserver with runas
with the same user with no luck also .

Doesn't work in win10 or winxp . I even try to run gdbserver in multi
remote-extended mode, same behavior .

Tried with the alternatives gdb and gdbserver 7.7.1 from lazarus ....

It's frustrating .....

regards,

--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis