Freepascal Zip with Password?

Zaaphod
I've been using Zipper http://wiki.freepascal.org/paszlib#TZipper to create zip files with FPC, but I don't see how to create one with a password.  Is this possible with Zipper or is there another Zip library I can use with FPC to create a password protected zip file?  I would rather be able to make my application just create it and not need the user to install 7zip or something else.

James

Re: Freepascal Zip with Password?

vojtech.cihak

Hi,

Double Commander allows to create zip archives with password but I don't know what lib they use.

V.

> Od: "James Richters" <[hidden email]>
> Komu: "'FPC-Pascal users discussions'" <[hidden email]>
> Datum: 12.12.2017 17:32
> Předmět: [fpc-pascal] Freepascal Zip with Password?

I've been using Zipper http://wiki.freepascal.org/paszlib#TZipper to create zip files with FPC, but I don't see how to create one with a password.  Is this possible with Zipper or is there another Zip library I can use with FPC to create a password protected zip file?  I would rather be able to make my application just create it and not need the user to install 7zip or something else.

James

Re: Freepascal Zip with Password?

Jos Wegman

Turbo power abbrivia zipper can create a zip file protected by password.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tpabbrevia/files/?source=navbar
I use it in Delphi. As far as I know a lazarus package is available.
(version 5.1)
I did not install it in lazarus yet.

Jos