Free Pascal compiler/linker/debugger as a plug-in/replacement for Delphi compiler/linker/debugger

Free Pascal compiler/linker/debugger as a plug-in/replacement for Delphi compiler/linker/debugger

Skybuck Flying
Hello,

Delphi's compiler/linker is probably malfunctioning for uint64 types.

It would be nice if free pascal compiler/linker/debugger can be used as a
replacement.

So that I can still use the Delphi IDE.

To do that probably requires replacing some DLL.

Maybe like:

DCC.DLL or something like that.

Hack it, reverse engineer it.

Then use it as a gateway to FPC :):):)

Bye,
  Skybuck ;)

Re: Free Pascal compiler/linker/debugger as a plug-in/replacement for Delphi compiler/linker/debugger

Michael Van Canneyt

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Skybuck Flying wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Delphi's compiler/linker is probably malfunctioning for uint64 types.
>
> It would be nice if free pascal compiler/linker/debugger can be used as a
> replacement.
>
> So that I can still use the Delphi IDE.
>
> To do that probably requires replacing some DLL.
>
> Maybe like:
>
> DCC.DLL or something like that.
>
> Hack it, reverse engineer it.
>
> Then use it as a gateway to FPC :):):)

look at the crossfpc project. It does exactly that. Simon Kissel is the head
of that project.

Re: Free Pascal compiler/linker/debugger as a plug-in/replacement for Delphi compiler/linker/debugger

Marco Alvarado
What about Lazarus?

-Marco

2008/2/11, Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Delphi's compiler/linker is probably malfunctioning for uint64 types.
> >
> > It would be nice if free pascal compiler/linker/debugger can be used as a
> > replacement.
> >
> > So that I can still use the Delphi IDE.
> >
> > To do that probably requires replacing some DLL.
> >
> > Maybe like:
> >
> > DCC.DLL or something like that.
> >
> > Hack it, reverse engineer it.
> >
> > Then use it as a gateway to FPC :):):)
>
> look at the crossfpc project. It does exactly that. Simon Kissel is the head
> of that project.
>
> Michael.

Re: Free Pascal compiler/linker/debugger as a plug-in/replacement for Delphi compiler/linker/debugger

Joao Morais
Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Delphi's compiler/linker is probably malfunctioning for uint64 types.
>>
>> It would be nice if free pascal compiler/linker/debugger can be used as a
>> replacement.
>>
>> So that I can still use the Delphi IDE.
>>
>> To do that probably requires replacing some DLL.
>>
>> Maybe like:
>>
>> DCC.DLL or something like that.
>>
>> Hack it, reverse engineer it.
>>
>> Then use it as a gateway to FPC :):):)
>
> look at the crossfpc project. It does exactly that. Simon Kissel is the head
> of that project.

I think he is looking for problems, not solutions.

--
Joao Morais

Re: Free Pascal compiler/linker/debugger as aplug-in/replacement for Delphi compiler/linker/debugger

Skybuck Flying
I don't like lazarus so much :)

I like Delphi 2007 IDE much better :)

Bye,
  Skybuck.

> What about Lazarus?
>
> -Marco

Re: Free Pascal compiler/linker/debugger as aplug-in/replacement for Delphi compiler/linker/debugger

Skybuck Flying
Nothing to download yet ? Oh :(

Bye,
  Skybuck.

2008/2/11, Skybuck Flying <[hidden email]>:
> I don't like lazarus so much :)
>
> I like Delphi 2007 IDE much better :)

What if FPC is re-built as a addon for Delphi 2007, and later on you
like Delphi 2009 more? ;)

-Marco

Re: Free Pascal compiler/linker/debugger as a plug-in/replacement for Delphi compiler/linker/debugger

> What about Lazarus?

It's active. The CrossFPC project is awfully silent (and IMHO never made
technilogical sense)

Re: Free Pascal compiler/linker/debugger as a plug-in/replacement for Delphi compiler/linker/debugger

Matt Emson
Marco van de Voort wrote:
>> What about Lazarus?
>>

> It's active. The CrossFPC project is awfully silent (and IMHO never made
> technilogical sense)

The move from the old D7 and prior IDE to the BDS/Galileo one broke the
whole CrossXXX movement last time I looked.