Free Pascal Setup

John van der Linden

Hi,

When I download the Free Pascal I get a file called i386-win32-ppc386.zip which contains 1 file called ppc386.exe which does not contain the Setup system for the Free Pascal IDE that I was expecting.

I have gone right through the Web Site and , although there is a lot of words, there is nothing about installing this thing, where is Setup.

This whole project is very diss appointing so far, can you help me. As the idea sounds very interesting.

Kind regards,

John van der Linden

Re: Free Pascal Setup

tobiasgiesen
I think you were on the wrong page. You probably want this, which includes the Lazarus IDE:

https://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?page=downloads

-----

Please excuse the shortness of this mail which was sent from my mobile phone. If necessary, I will send more information later.

Cheers,
Tobias Giesen

Am 05.05.2017 um 03:09 schrieb John van der Linden <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

When I download the Free Pascal I get a file called i386-win32-ppc386.zip which contains 1 file called ppc386.exe which does not contain the Setup system for the Free Pascal IDE that I was expecting.

I have gone right through the Web Site and , although there is a lot of words, there is nothing about installing this thing, where is Setup.

This whole project is very diss appointing so far, can you help me. As the idea sounds very interesting.

Kind regards,

John van der Linden

Re: Free Pascal Setup

Paul Breneman
On 05/04/2017 09:09 PM, John van der Linden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I download the Free Pascal I get a file called i386-win32-ppc386.zip which contains 1 file called ppc386.exe which does not contain the Setup system for the Free Pascal IDE that I was expecting.
>
> I have gone right through the Web Site and , although there is a lot of words, there is nothing about installing this thing, where is Setup.
>
> This whole project is very diss appointing so far, can you help me. As the idea sounds very interesting.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> John van der Linden

Welcome to Free Pascal, John.

There are various ways to get started, some don't even require an
installation:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/How_to_start#See_also

Re: Free Pascal Setup

Tomas Hajny-2
On Sat, May 6, 2017 08:58, Tobias Giesen wrote:

Hi,

Please, note that the original poster is not subscribed to the mailing
list (although he hasn't mentioned so), so it's probably better to include
him in Cc:.

> I think you were on the wrong page. You probably want this, which includes
> the Lazarus IDE:
>
> https://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?page=downloads

Yes, either this, or at least the installer from the Downloads page on
http://www.freepascal.org.

Tomas