Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

Maciej Izak
Hi,

finally we have simple way to test new syntax to improve FPC quality / $MODE DELPHI without spending $ on Delphi :)

Probably limited time offer:

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

codz
thanks for the link
downloading ....

> finally we have simple way to test new syntax to improve FPC quality /
> $MODE DELPHI without spending $ on Delphi :)
>
> Probably limited time offer:
>
> https://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/starter/promotional-download
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Maciej Izak

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

Sandro Cumerlato
Downloaded, thank you very much for sharing!

Sandro Cumerlato

On 23 August 2016 at 11:43, Maciej Izak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> finally we have simple way to test new syntax to improve FPC quality / $MODE
> DELPHI without spending $ on Delphi :)
>
> Probably limited time offer:
>
> https://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/starter/promotional-download
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Maciej Izak

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
"Offer valid from August 22nd 2016 to September 9th 2016"

So people interested should be aware of this time limit.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

Marcos Douglas B. Santos

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 6:43 AM, Maciej Izak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

finally we have simple way to test new syntax to improve FPC quality / $MODE DELPHI without spending $ on Delphi :)

Probably limited time offer:

Thank you! I didn't know that.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

Stephen Chrzanowski
Nice.  Thanks.  Pretty much gave up on Delphi due to costs.  For a single developer who doesn't make money off his programs, this'll be nice.

Side note: So, as *none* of you know, I recently moved from "Tech Support" to another position within the company I work for.  I look at what Berlin offers, one of their pics on a cell phone is "Tech Support Meeting".  Sent a shiver down my spine.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Marcos Douglas <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 6:43 AM, Maciej Izak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

finally we have simple way to test new syntax to improve FPC quality / $MODE DELPHI without spending $ on Delphi :)

Probably limited time offer:

Thank you! I didn't know that.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

silvioprog

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 6:43 AM, Maciej Izak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> finally we have simple way to test new syntax to improve FPC quality / $MODE DELPHI without spending $ on Delphi :)
>
> Probably limited time offer:
>
> https://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/starter/promotional-download

Great news.

Thank you! (y)

--
Silvio Clécio

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

ezrashumla
what about windows 7

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 6:43 AM, Maciej Izak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> finally we have simple way to test new syntax to improve FPC quality / $MODE DELPHI without spending $ on Delphi :)
>
> Probably limited time offer:
>
> https://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/starter/promotional-download
Great news.
Thank you! (y)
--
Silvio Clécio

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

Dennis

Maciej Izak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> finally we have simple way to test new syntax to improve FPC quality /
> $MODE DELPHI without spending $ on Delphi :)
>
> Probably limited time offer:
>
> https://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/starter/promotional-download
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Maciej Izak

Thanks a lot.
I wonder if there is any catch.
Anyway, I gave up Delphi after Delphi 5 and stick to FPC since then.
However, from time to time, I miss its lightning fast compiler and good
debugger.

Dennis

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

wkitty42
On 08/23/2016 11:40 AM, Dennis wrote:
> Thanks a lot.
> I wonder if there is any catch.

you mean like having to create an account, having to provide a phone number or
having to run it in a winwhatever environment? ;)

> Anyway, I gave up Delphi after Delphi 5 and stick to FPC since then.  However,
> from time to time, I miss its lightning fast compiler and good debugger.

i definitely miss that from TP/BP...

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

Gabor Boros
2016. 08. 23. 17:40 keltezéssel, Dennis írta:

> I miss its lightning fast compiler and good debugger.

+1

Gabor

[hidden email] wrote:
> On 08/23/2016 11:40 AM, Dennis wrote:
>> Thanks a lot.
>> I wonder if there is any catch.
>
> you mean like having to create an account, having to provide a phone
> number or having to run it in a winwhatever environment? ;)
> \
it says:
"a limited commercial use license"

I wonder that means.

To me, the company has a very bad public image after Delphi 7, so I get
paranoid.

Dennis

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

Ralf Quint
On 8/23/2016 9:49 AM, Dennis wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>> On 08/23/2016 11:40 AM, Dennis wrote:
>>> Thanks a lot.
>>> I wonder if there is any catch.
>>
>> you mean like having to create an account, having to provide a phone
>> number or having to run it in a winwhatever environment? ;)
>> \
> it says:
> "a limited commercial use license"
>
> I wonder that means.
Just read the license, simple as that...

As a very rough summary, you can't use the Starter Edition if you are
making more than $1000 a year from the software created with it...

Ralf

---

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

Jonas Maebe-2
On 23/08/16 19:14, Ralf Quint wrote:
> As a very rough summary, you can't use the Starter Edition if you are
> making more than $1000 a year from the software created with it...

And you can't use any edition to "develop an application that is
directly competitive to the Product or to any other Embarcadero
products" (https://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/rad-studio-eula )

So no FPC development with Delphi.

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

Marco van de Voort
In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
> And you can't use any edition to "develop an application that is
> directly competitive to the Product or to any other Embarcadero
> products" (https://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/rad-studio-eula )

Well, that is of course subject to interpretation, is a free product "competitive" ?

On 23/08/16 20:02, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
>> > And you can't use any edition to "develop an application that is
>> > directly competitive to the Product or to any other Embarcadero
>> > products" (https://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/rad-studio-eula )
> Well, that is of course subject to interpretation, is a free product "competitive" ?

I can't think of a reason why it would not be.

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

geneb
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 23/08/16 19:14, Ralf Quint wrote:
>> As a very rough summary, you can't use the Starter Edition if you are
>> making more than $1000 a year from the software created with it...
>
> And you can't use any edition to "develop an application that is directly
> competitive to the Product or to any other Embarcadero products"
> (https://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/rad-studio-eula )

EULAs have the same value as toilet paper and should be used for the same
purpose.  I for one, will use Delphi for whatever I like, and if
Embarcadero has a problem with that, they're invited to kiss my ass. :)

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

http://scarlet.deltasoft.com - Get it _today_!

On 8/23/2016 12:19 PM, geneb wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Aug 2016, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>
>> On 23/08/16 19:14, Ralf Quint wrote:
>>> As a very rough summary, you can't use the Starter Edition if you are
>>> making more than $1000 a year from the software created with it...
>>
>> And you can't use any edition to "develop an application that is
>> directly competitive to the Product or to any other Embarcadero
>> products"
>> (https://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/rad-studio-eula )
>>
> EULAs have the same value as toilet paper and should be used for the
> same purpose.  I for one, will use Delphi for whatever I like, and if
> Embarcadero has a problem with that, they're invited to kiss my ass. :)
Hope you got a good lawyer...

Ralf

---

On 2016-08-23 16:40, Dennis wrote:
> I miss its lightning fast compiler

FPC is fast enough for me - especially if you compare it to other
compilers like for C, C++ etc.

> and good debugger.

Now that I definitely miss!! This is by far the weakest point of FPC.

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: Free Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

Maciej Izak
And you can't use any edition to "develop an application that is directly competitive to the Product or to any other Embarcadero products"

AFAIK they can write any nonsense in the license agreement and nobody can forbid them to do so ;)... You can't dictate people what they can not do with compiler. That means Delphi can't be used to develop any OS project (Zeos, mORMot).

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak