Fp-Doc. Question No.2

Tiziano - Mekar Srl -

I'm using Windows XP (HE) Lazarus 0.9.14 with FPC 2.0.2

Looking at the fp-doc documentation i read that I fp-doc can generate
documentation for the following formats:
htm, html, xhtml, latex, xml-struct

but looking in the source I see that there are other formats:
htm, html, ipf, latex, template, man, txt, xml

in order to be shure I made a test for each format

fpdoc --package=test --format=xxx --input=test.pp

and here are the results:

htm:
----
An unhandled exception occurred at $004108BB :
EAbstractError : Abstract method called
  $004108BB
  $0040FF2D
  $00402585

html
----
ok (with DirectoryExists patch)

xhtml or xml-struct
-------------------
Invalid format "XML-STRUCT" specified

(in fact the documentation is not correct)

ipf
---
ok, but what is ipf???

latex:
------
ok

template:
---------
Invalid format "XHTML" specified

man:
----
Link path does not exist: #test.test
Link path does not exist: test.rs_ubase32t1
An unhandled exception occurred at $0042E2EA :
EInOutError : Cannot create empty directory
  $0042E2EA
  $0042E31F
  $0042075D
  $004027E2

txt:
----
ok

xml:
----
no error but no output (it is not implemented).

I did not investigate further on about the errors.

Maybe this results could be used to update fp-doc documentation,
or put in the wiki...

tiziano

Re: Fp-Doc. Question No.2

Tomas Hajny
Tiziano - Mekar Srl - wrote:

> I'm using Windows XP (HE) Lazarus 0.9.14 with FPC 2.0.2
>
> Looking at the fp-doc documentation i read that I fp-doc can generate
> documentation for the following formats:
> htm, html, xhtml, latex, xml-struct
>
> but looking in the source I see that there are other formats:
> htm, html, ipf, latex, template, man, txt, xml
 .
 .
> ipf
> ---
> ok, but what is ipf???
 .
 .

IPF is source format for OS/2 help files (generated sources can be then
processed with IBM help compiler).

Tomas