Finished full JVM Android application

Sven Barth-2
Hello together!

Today I've finished my first JVM Android application. This could as well
be the first (or at least one of the first) complete JVM Android app
written in Pascal at all!

The purpose of the application is for me to keep track which trains I
already rode with (most importantly trains of the subway of Munich). The
trains are categorized in train types and train families. E.g. one train
family would be the subway of Munich, another one is the subway of
Berlin and a third one would be the "suburban train" (S-Bahn) of Munich.
These families are subdivided into the types (for the U-Bahn in Munich
these are "Typ A", "Typ B", "Typ C") and then in each type there are the
single trains together with a count which tells how often I already rode
in that train.
So in the end this application is nothing special (but it simplifies my
life a lot ^^).

It's a conceptual port of an identical Windows Mobile application of
mine. I decided to rewrite it from scratch, because
1. my WinCE application used INI files as a data storage and for Android
I wanted to utilize SQLite
2. I wanted to experience the Android development without any
restrictions by old code.

I have not used Eclipse as an IDE, but only Lazarus, the tools from the
Android SDK and a Makefile for simplified building (and testing).

Attached are some screenshots of this application.

If there is interest I can publish the source code.

@List admins: Sorry if the attached screenshots should be a little bit
to big (~46K).

screenshot1.png (6K) Download Attachment
screenshot2.png (9K) Download Attachment
screenshot3.png (6K) Download Attachment
screenshot4.png (30K) Download Attachment
screenshot5.png (10K) Download Attachment

Re: [Lazarus] Finished full JVM Android application

Michael Van Canneyt

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011, Sven Barth wrote:

> Hello together!
>
> Today I've finished my first JVM Android application. This could as well be
> the first (or at least one of the first) complete JVM Android app written in
> Pascal at all!

A nice christmas present for the whole FPC team, thank you :-)

On 26.12.2011 17:52, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Dec 2011, Sven Barth wrote:
>
>> Hello together!
>>
>> Today I've finished my first JVM Android application. This could as
>> well be the first (or at least one of the first) complete JVM Android
>> app written in Pascal at all!
>
> A nice christmas present for the whole FPC team, thank you :-)

I finally wanted to get that application done and I had some time over
the christmas holidays :)

In that sense: Merry Christmas! (Especially to Jonas who made this
possible :) )

Re: Finished full JVM Android application

leledumbo
Administrator

I want it, I need it, give 'em to me, yeah!
Anyway, are you using FPC-JVM or Lazarus-Android interface to accomplish this?

Am 30.12.2011 19:56, schrieb leledumbo:
>> If there is interest I can publish the source code.
>
> I want it, I need it, give 'em to me, yeah!

I should have written that to fpc-pascal as well it seems ^^

Anyway, I have published the first version of the sources licensed under
GPL here:

http://web390.server-drome.com/files/trainlog.zip
(there is a readme.txt that should hopefully explain how to build the
app, if not feel free to ask :) )

And some informations regarding FPC-JVM development for Android here:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_JVM_Android_Development

> Anyway, are you using FPC-JVM or Lazarus-Android interface to accomplish
> this?

I thought the subject of the mail already says that I have used FPC-JVM
for this. ;)

Re: Finished full JVM Android application

herux
good job. I will learn it.
thank you
-

Re: Finished full JVM Android application

leledumbo
Administrator
> Anyway, I have published the first version of the sources licensed under
GPL here:

Downloaded, will learn tonight ;)

> I thought the subject of the mail already says that I have used FPC-JVM
for this. ;)

Forget that question, my brain was crumpled.

Re: Finished full JVM Android application

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 4:56 PM, leledumbo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I want it, I need it, give 'em to me, yeah!
> Anyway, are you using FPC-JVM or Lazarus-Android interface to accomplish
> this?

This thread is not related to the Lazarus Android support which is
called LCL-CustomDrawn-Android. LCL-CustomDrawn-Android is native and
communicates via JNI with the Android Java APIs. And I don't see any
reason to change it into using the JVM port even in a remote future,
because it already works great.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho