Find/open files in search paths

denisgolovan
Hi all

Does anybody know if Lazarus IDE has something similar to View units (Ctrl+F12) tool, but searching in all search paths defined in project settings?
It would allow to open modules much quicker than using standard Open file dialog.

Denis Golovan

Re: Find/open files in search paths

etrusco
On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 7:24 AM, denisgolovan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Does anybody know if Lazarus IDE has something similar to View units (Ctrl+F12) tool, but searching in all search paths defined in project settings?
> It would allow to open modules much quicker than using standard Open file dialog.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Denis Golovan

There's the Code Browser. It's not as convenient as the Open
Type/Resource dialogs in Eclipse yet - but I bet patches in that
regard are also welcome :-)

Best regards,
Flávio

Find/open files in search paths - Exuberant CTags?

JohannS-2
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:15:03AM -0300, Flávio Etrusco wrote:

>On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 7:24 AM, denisgolovan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Does anybody know if Lazarus IDE has something similar
>> to View units (Ctrl+F12) tool, but searching in all
>> search paths defined in project settings?  It would
>> allow to open modules much quicker than using standard
>> Open file dialog.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Denis Golovan
>
>There's the Code Browser. It's not as convenient as the Open
>Type/Resource dialogs in Eclipse yet - but I bet patches in that
>regard are also welcome :-)

Is there any thought to someone extending Exuberant CTags
to handle innovations in Pascal since Knuth?  This CTags
program has a Pascal mode that handles old-style Turbo
Pascal source with procedural code reasonably well, but
falls flat with object oriented code once dot notation is
used.  The advantage of Exuberant CTags is that then
arbitrary programmer text editors like Vim can browse
source code in the language almost as seamlessly as a
dedicated IDE environment like Lazarus.

Re: Find/open files in search paths - Exuberant CTags?

denisgolovan
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:15:03AM -0300, Flávio Etrusco wrote:

> Is there any thought to someone extending Exuberant CTags
> to handle innovations in Pascal since Knuth? This CTags
> program has a Pascal mode that handles old-style Turbo
> Pascal source with procedural code reasonably well, but
> falls flat with object oriented code once dot notation is
> used. The advantage of Exuberant CTags is that then
> arbitrary programmer text editors like Vim can browse
> source code in the language almost as seamlessly as a
> dedicated IDE environment like Lazarus.

In case you are interested.
I did something similar back in 2009 as a small OSS project called JediTag.
http://jeditag.sourceforge.net/

Denis Golovan

Re: Find/open files in search paths - Exuberant CTags?

Henry Vermaak
On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 10:48:36AM +0400, denisgolovan wrote:

> > On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:15:03AM -0300, Flávio Etrusco wrote:
>
> > Is there any thought to someone extending Exuberant CTags
> > to handle innovations in Pascal since Knuth? This CTags
> > program has a Pascal mode that handles old-style Turbo
> > Pascal source with procedural code reasonably well, but
> > falls flat with object oriented code once dot notation is
> > used. The advantage of Exuberant CTags is that then
> > arbitrary programmer text editors like Vim can browse
> > source code in the language almost as seamlessly as a
> > dedicated IDE environment like Lazarus.
>
> In case you are interested.
> I did something similar back in 2009 as a small OSS project called JediTag.
> http://jeditag.sourceforge.net/

Nice work, I didn't know this existed!

Henry