FPDoc question

Darius Blaszyk
I have two questions regarding FPDoc;

- can I find somewhere a description on topic tags?? I have searched the
reference manual, but it seems it's not documented there.
- how can I add examples to my documentation. I understand how to add
formatted code, but what I mean is shown here:
http://community.freepascal.org:10000/docs-html/rtl/baseunix/fpaccess.html

Darius

Re: FPDoc question

> I have two questions regarding FPDoc;
>
> - can I find somewhere a description on topic tags?? I have searched the
> reference manual, but it seems it's not documented there.
> - how can I add examples to my documentation. I understand how to add
> formatted code, but what I mean is shown here:
> http://community.freepascal.org:10000/docs-html/rtl/baseunix/fpaccess.html

If you look at cvsmodule fpcdoc, there is a baseunix.xml

If I look up fpaccess in there I see

<example file="bunixex/ex23"/>

I assume fpdoc does the including and colouring.

Re: FPDoc question

Darius Blaszyk
> If you look at cvsmodule fpcdoc, there is a baseunix.xml

I see now thanks. It apears that example is also a non documented tag,
next to topic. Is there some way to find more information other that look
in the source of fpdoc??

Darius

Re: FPDoc question

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005, [hidden email] wrote:

> I have two questions regarding FPDoc;
>
> - can I find somewhere a description on topic tags?? I have searched the
> reference manual, but it seems it's not documented there.

Strange, what version of the docs do you have ? It's definitely
documented, it was already for 2.0 ; I just checked the sources again.

> - how can I add examples to my documentation. I understand how to add
> formatted code, but what I mean is shown here:
> http://community.freepascal.org:10000/docs-html/rtl/baseunix/fpaccess.html

below the <element> tag, add a

<example file="filename"/>

Re: FPDoc question

Darius Blaszyk
On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 10:10, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> > - can I find somewhere a description on topic tags?? I have searched the
> > reference manual, but it seems it's not documented there.
>
> Strange, what version of the docs do you have ? It's definitely
> documented, it was already for 2.0 ; I just checked the sources again.
I'm using version 0.9 (may 7, 2005, the current version seems to be
still 0.9 but from may 15th?!?). I also checked the online version, but
it also does not show the topic and example tags. I did not check the
source code though.

One more question; the comments used in each XML file, can you specify
what the usage is in relationship to the documentation?? If there is
functionality, could the information be stored as an attribute instead??

Darius