FPCUnit/DUnit: How abort all other tests?

FPCUnit/DUnit: How abort all other tests?

Marcos Douglas B. Santos
Hi,

I'm using FPCUnit and DUnit to test code.
I would like to know if there is a way to abort all other test and an
specific one fail. I mean, if some "special tests" fail, will be a
waste of time to continue.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas

Re: FPCUnit/DUnit: How abort all other tests?

Michael Van Canneyt

On Sat, 22 Jul 2017, Marcos Douglas B. Santos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using FPCUnit and DUnit to test code.
> I would like to know if there is a way to abort all other test and an
> specific one fail. I mean, if some "special tests" fail, will be a
> waste of time to continue.

No, there currently is not. But such a thing can be easily added.

On 2017-07-22 21:50, Marcos Douglas B. Santos wrote:
> I would like to know if there is a way to abort all other test and an
> specific one fail. I mean, if some "special tests" fail, will be a
> waste of time to continue.

There is such functionality in FPTest (the DUnit2 fork for Free Pascal).
Take a look at the EarlyExitCheck() check procedure. For more detailed
information, read the docs/DUnit2Description.html page in the
repository, and then jump to the "Summary Level Checks" section.

FPTest (and DUnit2 from SF.net) are backwards compatible with DUnit
v9.4, but also has many more improvements and features.

The FPTest code repository can be found here:

   https://github.com/graemeg/fptest

or cloned directly via:

   git clone git://github.com/graemeg/fptest.git

Regards,
   Graeme

Re: FPCUnit/DUnit: How abort all other tests?

Marcos Douglas B. Santos
On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2017-07-22 21:50, Marcos Douglas B. Santos wrote:
>>
>> I would like to know if there is a way to abort all other test and an
>> specific one fail. I mean, if some "special tests" fail, will be a
>> waste of time to continue.
>

> There is such functionality in FPTest (the DUnit2 fork for Free Pascal).
> Take a look at the EarlyExitCheck() check procedure. For more detailed
> information, read the docs/DUnit2Description.html page in the repository,
> and then jump to the "Summary Level Checks" section.
>
> FPTest (and DUnit2 from SF.net) are backwards compatible with DUnit v9.4,
> but also has many more improvements and features.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas