FPC on SPARC/Linux

Mark Morgan Lloyd-5
Just a brief note to say that using the distributed 2.0.0 binaries I was able
to compile and install 2.0.4. Normal minor problems with a couple symlinks and
fpc.cfg, but nothing's obviously broken since I was playing with it last Summer.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Re: FPC on SPARC/Linux

Jonas Maebe-2

On 01 Jul 2007, at 10:26, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Just a brief note to say that using the distributed 2.0.0 binaries
> I was able to compile and install 2.0.4. Normal minor problems with
> a couple symlinks and fpc.cfg, but nothing's obviously broken since
> I was playing with it last Summer.

2.0.4 or 2.1.4?

Re: FPC on SPARC/Linux

Mark Morgan Lloyd-5
Jonas Maebe wrote:

>> Just a brief note to say that using the distributed 2.0.0 binaries I
>> was able to compile and install 2.0.4. Normal minor problems with a
>> couple symlinks and fpc.cfg, but nothing's obviously broken since I
>> was playing with it last Summer.
>
> 2.0.4 or 2.1.4?

2.0.4 for the moment I'm afraid, since that's the one that I was reasonably
certain I could get working. I'm currently looking at Lazarus for i386 and
SPARC using the same compiler and sources in both cases, assuming that I can
get somewhere with that I'll try to progress to 2.1.4.

Lazarus for SPARC has a bug that doesn't occur on i386, this is likely an
endian issue but could possibly be a compiler bug.

All on Linux, I'm not in a position to check the situation with a (recent)
Solaris.