FPC on Android tablets: ARM, x86_64

Mark Morgan Lloyd-5
Has anybody come across https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Main_Page which
I've seen mentioned elsewhere?

It's supposedly a Linux environment into which one can install standard
development tools etc.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Re: FPC on Android tablets: ARM, x86_64

Free Pascal - General mailing list
> Has anybody come across https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Main_Page which I've
seen mentioned elsewhere?

Yes, that's current terminal emulator in my android devices.
We can contribute just by making pull request here:
https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/pulls

--
Sent from: http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/

Re: FPC on Android tablets: ARM, x86_64

Alexander Grotewohl
FPC for ARM works correctly with termux, but the program to generate
fpc.cfg does not, requiring some manual configuration to get it to find
the included units, etc.

On 05/10/2018 07:19 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Has anybody come across https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Main_Page which
> I've seen mentioned elsewhere?
>
> It's supposedly a Linux environment into which one can install
> standard development tools etc.

Re: FPC on Android tablets: ARM, x86_64

Mark Morgan Lloyd-5
Thanks both for that. I've got an Intel-based tablet here and might have
a play.

On 11/05/18 15:15, Alexander Grotewohl wrote:
> FPC for ARM works correctly with termux, but the program to generate
> fpc.cfg does not, requiring some manual configuration to get it to find
> the included units, etc.
>
> On 05/10/2018 07:19 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:> Has anybody come
> across https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Main_Page which > I've seen
> mentioned elsewhere?>> It's supposedly a Linux environment into which
> one can install > standard development tools etc.>
--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Re: FPC on Android tablets: ARM, x86_64

Mark Morgan Lloyd-5
On 11/05/18 15:15, Alexander Grotewohl wrote:
> FPC for ARM works correctly with termux, but the program to generate
> fpc.cfg does not, requiring some manual configuration to get it to find
> the included units, etc.

I've copied over a preinstalled x86_64 compiler etc. from my desktop
system to a tablet and individual programs appear to be executable,
which is quite an achievement in itself: eat your heart out, Dynabook :-)

I agree that fpcmkcfg looks to be a bit of a problem. On one occasion it
deigned to tell me that there was an fpcmake (?) problem, I'll see if I
can get a better grip on it.

Basic operation of the the text IDE appeared OK, as did a program
written using a text-mode dialogue editor (Dialedit3b); however I
suspect that an abrupt switch from landscape to portrait mode is likely
to be a problem.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Re: FPC on Android tablets: ARM, x86_64

Mark Morgan Lloyd-5
On 11/05/18 15:15, Alexander Grotewohl wrote:
> FPC for ARM works correctly with termux, but the program to generate
> fpc.cfg does not, requiring some manual configuration to get it to find
> the included units, etc.

Apparently requires libpthread, which in our case we have not got.

Is this really needed, and since this program should be usable as a
system's "sanity check" is there any way to improve the error reporting?