FPC code to migrate Outlook PST file to MBOX format?

FPC code to migrate Outlook PST file to MBOX format?

Bo Berglund
Hi,
I need to switch away from using Outlook 2003 to something sensible
like Thunderbird. But when I do I need to keep my mail archive, which
is stored in multiple very big PST files, each organized in a
folder-subfolder tree. It covers the time from about 1998 to now..

I have tried to find some working converter software available on
line, but I have failed. Tried a few but they seem to lack the ability
to handle the internal folders of a PST file.
One in particular show the full structure of the PST file I select for
conversion so it looks like it would work. But in the end there is
only a flat view of email in Thunderbird when I use the created MBOX
file.

So now I wonder if there is some FPC code around that I can tailor to
my needs? It seems a pity that the PST -> MBOX conversion should be
such a problem....

The files are real big so I think I will need the 64 bit capability of
fpc, which I have installed on my laptop.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

Re: FPC code to migrate Outlook PST file to MBOX format?

brendan
There are several methods available in the market that help your file convert
PST to Office365. You can also use the manual method but its lengthy
process. After a long process, you will be able to convert PST file to
Office 365. If you want to convert all the files at the same time, then you
need to process any smart way. So you need a third party tool that can
change all the files at the same time.
Visit here:- http://www.pstfile.org/mbox/ <http://www.pstfile.org/mbox/>

--
Sent from: http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/

Re: FPC code to migrate Outlook PST file to MBOX format?

Tomas Hajny-2
On Wed, January 9, 2019 17:08, DaWorm wrote:
> Use the tool that gives you the flat view, then create mail filters in
> Thunderbird to move messages to the appropriate folders, and then apply
> the filters to the existing messages.  It may take a while to build the
> filters, but you'd want to do that anyway so that new messages go to the
> right place.

This becomes off-topic now (potential replies / follow-ups to fpc-other,
please), but your suggestion implies that sorting into folders is always
automated. That may apply to private e-mails, but most likely not to
company / corporate area, so the recommendation may not apply in general
at least.

Tomas

Re: FPC code to migrate Outlook PST file to MBOX format?

EsmeKael
Try this pst to mbox conversion tool for further information please visit :-
http://www.toolsbaer.com/pst-to-mbox-conversion/

--
Sent from: http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/

Re: FPC code to migrate Outlook PST file to MBOX format?

Ralf Quint
On 1/12/2019 4:26 AM, EsmeKael wrote:
> Try this pst to mbox conversion tool for further information please visit :-
> http://www.toolsbaer.com/pst-to-mbox-conversion/

Why is this repeated posting of advertising, that in no way answers the
question of this thread, still allowed?

Ralf

---

Re: FPC code to migrate Outlook PST file to MBOX format?

Austinwalker
You can try *ToolsGround Outlook to MBOX Converter* Software which is the
perfect solution for migrating PST files to MBOX file without facing any
trouble. You can use this application to get error-free and accurate
results. Various advanced options of the utility make your conversion simple
and smooth to perform. You can try this tool on all updated versions of
Windows as well as Outlook.

More Info:-  https://www.toolsground.com/outlook-converter/mbox/