FPC Lambda Runtime

Alan Krause
FPC Community,

Over the weekend I looked into AWS Lambda function custom runtimes, with the hope of being able to create one using Free Pascal. I'm happy to say that I have it up and running, and it produces a very small and quick runtime perfect for AWS.

For sample code, please take at look at the repository:

https://github.com/c600g/fpc-lambda-runtime

Cheers,
  Alan

Re: FPC Lambda Runtime

Michael Van Canneyt

On Wed, 8 May 2019, Alan Krause wrote:

> FPC Community,
>
> Over the weekend I looked into AWS Lambda function custom runtimes, with
> the hope of being able to create one using Free Pascal. I'm happy to say
> that I have it up and running, and it produces a very small and quick
> runtime perfect for AWS.
>
> For sample code, please take at look at the repository:
>
> https://github.com/c600g/fpc-lambda-runtime

Very nice!

I would like to create a class from this that can be included in
the FPC fcl-web package, and create a small Lazarus wizard that can create
a runtime. Do I have permission to refactor your code and distribute it
under the usual LGPL exception used by FPC ?

I will obviously give due credit to you, that goes without saying.

Re: FPC Lambda Runtime

Alan Krause
Michael,

Permission granted. After using FPC to produce our first Windows 64-bit library, and then using it to produce Linux libraries, I am happy to contribute something back.

Cheers,
  Alan