FPC + Haiku

Ben

FPC + Haiku

Ben
Hi,

Anybody here using FPC on Haiku?  If so, how well does it work compared
to under Windows or Linux?

--

            Ben.

Re: FPC + Haiku

Matt Emson-2
On 28/01/2011 11:08, Ben wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody here using FPC on Haiku?  If so, how well does it work compared
> to under Windows or Linux?

It used to work well enough under BeOS R5, but there was always an issue
with the C++ nature of the Be API. Haiku seems to have a Qt port, so you
might get further with it. I seem to recall Lazarus can target Qt, right?

Re: FPC + Haiku

Marco van de Voort
In our previous episode, Matt Emson said:

> > Anybody here using FPC on Haiku?  If so, how well does it work compared
> > to under Windows or Linux?
>
> It used to work well enough under BeOS R5, but there was always an issue
> with the C++ nature of the Be API. Haiku seems to have a Qt port, so you
> might get further with it. I seem to recall Lazarus can target Qt, right?

Afaik Lazarus runs on Haiku due to the work of mostly Olivier Coursiere.
(it was GTK2 based iirc).

The number of haiku patches is slow, but every FPC release contains a
couple.

Re: FPC + Haiku

Olivier Coursiere
Hi,

On 28/01/2011 13:41, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Matt Emson said:
>>> Anybody here using FPC on Haiku?  If so, how well does it work compared
>>> to under Windows or Linux?
Yes, me ! It should work well. But, as you can imagine, there is a lot
less testers under Haiku. So, bugs might remains here and there. Feel
free to submit bugs or patchs in the bug tracker.
>> It used to work well enough under BeOS R5, but there was always an issue
>> with the C++ nature of the Be API. Haiku seems to have a Qt port, so you
>> might get further with it. I seem to recall Lazarus can target Qt, right?
> Afaik Lazarus runs on Haiku due to the work of mostly Olivier Coursiere.
> (it was GTK2 based iirc).
Qt based in fact ;-) But, yes, Lazarus runs quite well. Integrated
debugging does not work. I have not yet look at this problem (it might
work one day as it already works in the textmode IDE). There is a few
problems in the designer when dragging components (probably some bugs in
Haiku's Qt port).
> The number of haiku patches is slow, but every FPC release contains a
> couple.
Yes, i try to compile freepascal on a regular basis under Haiku and
submit patchs when needed or when i found something. But any help is
welcome ;-)

Regards,
Olivier

Re: FPC + Haiku

Marco van de Voort
In our previous episode, Olivier Coursi?re said:
> >> might get further with it. I seem to recall Lazarus can target Qt, right?
> > Afaik Lazarus runs on Haiku due to the work of mostly Olivier Coursiere.
> > (it was GTK2 based iirc).
> Qt based in fact ;-) But, yes, Lazarus runs quite well. Integrated
> debugging does not work. I have not yet look at this problem (it might
> work one day as it already works in the textmode IDE). There is a few
> problems in the designer when dragging components (probably some bugs in
> Haiku's Qt port).

If you are in Brussels again next week, don't forget to show me :-)

Re: FPC + Haiku

Den Jean
On Monday 31 January 2011 09:07:47 Marco van de Voort wrote:
> > Qt based in fact ;-) But, yes, Lazarus runs quite well. Integrated
Nice to know it still works
> If you are in Brussels again next week, don't forget to show me :-)
Fosdem ?

Re: FPC + Haiku

Marco van de Voort
In our previous episode, Den Jean said:
> > If you are in Brussels again next week, don't forget to show me :-)
> Fosdem ?

Yup.

Re: FPC + Haiku

Olivier Coursiere

On 31/01/2011 09:07, Marco van de Voort wrote:

>>> Afaik Lazarus runs on Haiku due to the work of mostly Olivier Coursiere.
>>> (it was GTK2 based iirc).
>> Qt based in fact ;-) But, yes, Lazarus runs quite well. Integrated
>> debugging does not work. I have not yet look at this problem (it might
>> work one day as it already works in the textmode IDE). There is a few
>> problems in the designer when dragging components (probably some bugs in
>> Haiku's Qt port).
> If you are in Brussels again next week, don't forget to show me :-)
Yes, i will be there, at the Haiku stand