FPC 3.0.2 Release Date

African Wild Dog
Hello,

There are some critical bugs in fpc 3.0 which are already fixed. So, why the 3.0.2 version was not released yet? Do you have any estimate about when it will be released?

Best regards

Re: FPC 3.0.2 Release Date

Jonas Maebe-2
African Wild Dog wrote:

> There are some critical bugs in fpc 3.0 which are already fixed. So, why
> the 3.0.2 version was not released yet? Do you have any estimate about
> when it will be released?

My guess is that RC1 will be released between the end of August and mid
September, and the final release somewhere in October.

Re: FPC 3.0.2 Release Date

African Wild Dog
African Wild Dog wrote:

> There are some critical bugs in fpc 3.0 which are already fixed. So, why
> the 3.0.2 version was not released yet? Do you have any estimate about
> when it will be released?

My guess is that RC1 will be released between the end of August and mid
September, and the final release somewhere in October

As we are already in November, do you have a new estimate?

Re: FPC 3.0.2 Release Date

Juha Manninen
FPC 3.0 was released exactly a year ago:
 http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,30529.0.html
Over a year is a very long time for a bug fix release.
Will it happen this year? There is a month + few days left.

There was a documentation tool issue holding it back. It can be fixed
later. FPC 3.0.2 should be released ASAP.

Juha

Re: FPC 3.0.2 Release Date

Michael Van Canneyt

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016, Juha Manninen wrote:

> FPC 3.0 was released exactly a year ago:
> http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,30529.0.html
> Over a year is a very long time for a bug fix release.
> Will it happen this year? There is a month + few days left.
>
> There was a documentation tool issue holding it back. It can be fixed
> later. FPC 3.0.2 should be released ASAP.

Your information is outdated.
The documentation issue was fixed a long time ago.
We're waiting for the buildmaster to start.

Re: FPC 3.0.2 Release Date

Marco van de Voort
In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> > There was a documentation tool issue holding it back. It can be fixed
> > later. FPC 3.0.2 should be released ASAP.
>
> Your information is outdated.
> The documentation issue was fixed a long time ago.
> We're waiting for the buildmaster to start.

The files and branch have been prepared since june. Maintainers can build
their RC1s.

I haven't had time for FreeBSD builds yet, partially because I had some
virtualbox trouble setting up fbsd11. (don't update VB if you are using
FreeBSD)