FPC 3.0.0 and gProf

Reimar Grabowski
Hi,

are there any known problems with gprof?
Mantis says no but when enabling gprof support in my Lazarus project I get a segfault in gmon.c when running it.
Any compiler switches I should check for that may interfere or other hints?

R.

Re: FPC 3.0.0 and gProf

Jonas Maebe-2
Reimar Grabowski wrote:
> are there any known problems with gprof?

No, but on the other hand it's not something that many people use. We
have one simple test for it in the test suite, but it's only run for
go32v2,linux,freebsd,darwin,haiku.

> Mantis says no but when enabling gprof support in my Lazarus project I get a segfault in gmon.c when running it.

On which platform?

> Any compiler switches I should check for that may interfere or other hints?

No.

Re: FPC 3.0.0 and gProf

Reimar Grabowski
On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 07:39:30 +0200
Jonas Maebe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Reimar Grabowski wrote:
> > are there any known problems with gprof?
>
> No, but on the other hand it's not something that many people use

What do people use to profile their programs?

> On which platform?

Sorry, Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit

R.

Re: FPC 3.0.0 and gProf

Jonas Maebe-2

Reimar Grabowski wrote on Wed, 19 Oct 2016:

> What do people use to profile their programs?

On Linux, kcallgrind or oprofile, I guess (make sure to compile your
code with -gv for both).

Re: FPC 3.0.0 and gProf

Reimar Grabowski
On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 14:36:05 +0200
Jonas Maebe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Linux, kcallgrind or oprofile, I guess (make sure to compile your
> code with -gv for both).

Thanks, will give them a try.

R.