FPC 2.0.4 is out!

Tomas Hajny
Hello everybody,

I'm happy to announce that release 2.0.4 is
finally out, bringing you lots of fixes and some
enhancements over the previous officially
released versions. I hope you'll enjoy the
release, special thanks go to all of you who
helped us with their all kinds of contributions
(bug reports, patches and release candidate
testing).

Greetings

Tomas
(on behalf of the whole FPC team)

Re: [fpc-devel] FPC 2.0.4 is out!

Bugzilla from daniel.mantione@freepascal.org

Op Tue, 29 Aug 2006, schreef Rob van der Linde:

> Thank you very much, I was waiting for the release of 2.0.4 so I could
> compile .DEB packages for Ubuntu Dapper as I had previously compiled the
> 2.0.2 release for Ubuntu for people to download. I just found out that
> there are now official .DEB packages so it will no longer be necessary
> for me to build them, great stuff.
>
> It would be nice to see 64 bit .DEB packages downloadable too, in the
> future maybe. I think .DEB packages are very important to support, since
> Ubuntu is now one of the top Linux distros.

.deb packages will only be available if there are volunteers to build
them. There were for i386, but not x86_64.

One problem with .deb packages (and also with .rpm) is that one needs a
full Latex installation on his system in order to be able to compile the
documentation. With .tar this is not necessary, because people who build
a package can use a pre-built documentation set.

The result is that most people who maintain a platform choose to build
.tar only. Of course, another point is that not everyone in the team uses
Debian or a Debian derivate. The x86_64 release was built by someone who
uses SuSE.

Daniël

Re: FPC 2.0.4 is out!

Tomas Hajny
Alexey Pavluchenko wrote:
> Hello Tomas,
>
> Monday, August 28, 2006, 10:03:01 PM, you wrote:
>
> TH> I'm happy to announce that release 2.0.4 is
> TH> finally out
>
> Is it just me, or dos204full.zip really can not be downloaded from any
> of the mirrors? If so, why?

Wrong filename. :-( Use dos204-full.zip temporarily, I'll fix it tonight.

Tomas

Re: [fpc-devel] FPC 2.0.4 is out!

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

On 8/28/06, Rob van der Linde <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you very much, I was waiting for the release of 2.0.4 so I could
> compile .DEB packages for Ubuntu Dapper as I had previously compiled the
> 2.0.2 release for Ubuntu for people to download. I just found out that
> there are now official .DEB packages so it will no longer be necessary
> for me to build them, great stuff.

Might I sujest that it would be great if someone build DEB packages
for Lazarus =)

Personally I use Mandriva (rpm based), but I see lot´s of people with
install issues with Lazarus because of the lack of deb packages.

There are some files to build a package on subversion. I´m not sure if
they are compile.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho