FP IDE in DOS env

Daniel Franzini
I'm trying to write some pascal code on a DOS env (FreeDOS 1.0). Is the IDE for this plataform mantained?! The command line compiler does run fine, but the IDE shows up and quickly disapears.

Has anyone suffered this before?!!??

--
Daniel

"Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we want a computer to do." (Donald Knuth)

"Yes, technogeeks can be funny, even if only to each other." (http://www.boogieonline.com/revolution/science/humor/)"

"Man is driven to create; I know I really love to create things. And while I'm not good at painting, drawing, or music, I can write software." (Yukihiro Matsumoto, a.k.a. ``Matz'')

Re: FP IDE in DOS env

Bugzilla from daniel.mantione@freepascal.org

Op Thu, 11 Jan 2007, schreef Daniel Franzini:

> I'm trying to write some pascal code on a DOS env (FreeDOS 1.0). Is the IDE
> for this plataform mantained?! The command line compiler does run fine, but
> the IDE shows up and quickly disapears.
>
> Has anyone suffered this before?!!??

I don't know about this particular issue, but the general story applies
here: The 2.0.2 IDE is very crash prone. 2.0.4 is better, but far from
bug free. No 2.0 compiler has a working debugger.

However, as Jonas said, Pierre has done some work on the Dos compiler,
and he got the debugger working. You might want to download a snapshot and
check if that works better. If you want a better Dos release, I'd say
now is the time to act: if you can help Pierre identify bugs and
possible solutions we can perhaps do Dos update for the currect
compiler soon.

Daniƫl

Re: FP IDE in DOS env

Tomas Hajny
Daniel Franzini wrote:
> I'm trying to write some pascal code on a DOS env (FreeDOS 1.0). Is the
> IDE
> for this plataform mantained?! The command line compiler does run fine,
> but
> the IDE shows up and quickly disapears.
>
> Has anyone suffered this before?!!??

Well, in general there are quite a few issues with 2.x FP IDE builds for
GO32v2 (although the IDE released with 2.0.2 should allow editing and
compilation at least, so the reported behaviour isn't really
known/common). I suggest that you use on of 2.0.5 snapshots for GO32v2
available from our FTP server, that should be much better (including
debugging working again). If you encounter issues with that, you can try
fixing them (as part of your proposed involvement in GO32v2 platform
maintenance).

Tomas