Exec

Carsten Bager
On an Arm/Linux platform I call an external program (to calibrate a touch
panel) with "Exec". That works OK. I can force the external program to
return some values to the console. Is there a way I can pick up this output
and read it from my program?

Carsten

Re: Exec

Jonas Maebe-2

On 5 jan 2007, at 11:31, Carsten Bager wrote:

> On an Arm/Linux platform I call an external program (to calibrate a
> touch
> panel) with "Exec". That works OK. I can force the external program to
> return some values to the console. Is there a way I can pick up
> this output
> and read it from my program?

Not with exec. Use unix.popen instead (or the tprocess class in the
process unit from the fcl, but that's a lot more heavy weight).