Example of using TInetSocket, please

Bo Berglund
I am porting an application from Windows Delphi 2007 to FPC on Linux
(Raspberry Pi2). In the process I need to switch from using RS232 to
TCP/IP to communicate with a data source.

I have found that FPC contains the unit ssockets.pp, which implements
a client socket class TInetSocket.

But I need a working example of how this is used so I can start
testing if I can use it in my application.

Are there some examples of sending binary data between a TCP/IP server
and the TInetSocket socket? If so please post links.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

Re: Example of using TInetSocket, please

silvioprog
On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 1:40 AM, Bo Berglund <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
Are there some examples of sending binary data between a TCP/IP server
and the TInetSocket socket? If so please post links.

FPC has some TCP/IP (using TInetSocket) demos, and you can see that on its sources, eg:

Client: <FPC folder>\source\packages\fcl-base\examples\dsockcli.pp
Server: <FPC folder>\source\packages\fcl-base\examples\dsocksvr.pp

And you can enjoy some third party demos too, take a look at this small project:

Good luck! =)

--
Silvio Clécio

Re: Example of using TInetSocket, please

Paul Breneman
On 09/22/2015 12:40 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:

> I am porting an application from Windows Delphi 2007 to FPC on Linux
> (Raspberry Pi2). In the process I need to switch from using RS232 to
> TCP/IP to communicate with a data source.
>
> I have found that FPC contains the unit ssockets.pp, which implements
> a client socket class TInetSocket.
>
> But I need a working example of how this is used so I can start
> testing if I can use it in my application.
>
> Are there some examples of sending binary data between a TCP/IP server
> and the TInetSocket socket? If so please post links.

www.CtrlTerm.com has a simple Synapse example.

Regards,
Paul
www.ControlPascal.com