Error: cannot find -lcurses

Peter Schrei
Hi,

I have a problem with FreePascal 1.0.10 under SuSE 9.1. If I want to
compile source code, which makes use of the keyboard unit, I get the
following error message:

    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurses
    Pong(46) Error: Error while linking
    Closing script ppas.sh

Since I'm a beginner concerning Pascal and don't know the inner-working
of the compiler, I ask you for help.

Thanks in advance.
Hans - Peter

Re: Error: cannot find -lcurses

Michael Van Canneyt

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Peter Schrei wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with FreePascal 1.0.10 under SuSE 9.1. If I want to compile
> source code, which makes use of the keyboard unit, I get the following error
> message:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurses
> Pong(46) Error: Error while linking
> Closing script ppas.sh
>
> Since I'm a beginner concerning Pascal and don't know the inner-working of the
> compiler, I ask you for help.

You must install the ncurses-devel or curses-devel package.