EMBT's FireMonkey framework with FPC

Before Embarcadero bought VG-Scene from KSDev, I believe it was Free
Pascal compatible. Please correct me if I am wrong - maybe it was
another KSDev product I'm thinking of.

Anybody know if FireMonkey 2 (one included with Delphi XE 4) is still
compatible [even with some manual tweaking of FMX source code] with Free
Pascal?

I've got a potential mobile project, and am evaluating various products
to decide what it must be developed it. I would like to target both iOS
and Android.

eg:
  Free Pascal - How good is the iOS and Android support?
  Delphi XE 4 with FireMonkey - iOS support already exists, and have
      good faith that Android support will be added later this
      yeat.
  Xamian
  Java with Eclipse+ADT or IntelliJ IDEA - Android only
  Objective-C - iOS only

I would love to reuse code between platforms, but if I can't do it in a
relatively simple manner, I'll have to use the native tools for each target.

Re: EMBT's FireMonkey framework with FPC

Craig Peterson-4
I ha

On Jun 23, 2013, at 3:26 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anybody know if FireMonkey 2 (one included with Delphi XE 4) is still
> compatible [even with some manual tweaking of FMX source code] with Free
> Pascal?

I haven't tested it, but I'm fairly certain it doesn't work in Free Pascal mode anymore, and even if it is with minor tweaks, it won't stay that way as they continue changing the language.

If you're ok rewriting just just the UI per platform, you should evaluate RemObject's Oxygene too.

--
Craig Peterson
Scooter Software

Re: EMBT's FireMonkey framework with FPC

leledumbo
Administrator
> Free Pascal - How good is the iOS and Android support?

Don't know about iOS, but since native Android target in trunk, everything seems much smoother. I don't suggest using the JVM target as the code would be difficult to reuse.