Documentation generation

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Documentation generation

Ryan Joseph-2
How are the FPC RTL documentations generated? I wanted to see if I could generate .docsets files from them also.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph

_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
https://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Documentation generation

Free Pascal - General mailing list
> How are the FPC RTL documentations generated? I wanted to see if I could
generate .docsets files from them also.

A starting point: https://wiki.freepascal.org/FPCDocs_Tutorial
I believe that "write me" part is not far from calling make with certain
options.



--
Sent from: http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
https://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Documentation generation

Michael Van Canneyt


On Sat, 17 Aug 2019, leledumbo via fpc-pascal wrote:

>> How are the FPC RTL documentations generated? I wanted to see if I could
> generate .docsets files from them also.
>
> A starting point: https://wiki.freepascal.org/FPCDocs_Tutorial
> I believe that "write me" part is not far from calling make with certain
> options.

You simply call

make rtl.pdf

for the PDF version or

make rtl.chk

for the HTML version.

The README.DOCS file contains the following:
---
If you only want to generate the RTL and FCL reference documentation
in HTML format, starting from the fpdoc XML descriptions, then the
following 2 commands should be enough:

make rtl.chk
make fcl.chk

---


One wonders why these README files are created. No-one seems to read them
anyway.

Michael.
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
https://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Documentation generation

Marco van de Voort-2

Op 2019-08-18 om 11:43 schreef Michael Van Canneyt:

>
>
> On Sat, 17 Aug 2019, leledumbo via fpc-pascal wrote:
>
>>> How are the FPC RTL documentations generated? I wanted to see if I
>>> could
>> generate .docsets files from them also.
>>
>> A starting point: https://wiki.freepascal.org/FPCDocs_Tutorial
>> I believe that "write me" part is not far from calling make with certain
>> options.
>
> You simply call
>
> make rtl.pdf
>
> for the PDF version or
>
> make rtl.chk

and the fixdocs.sh shell script for the CHM version.


_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
https://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Documentation generation

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
In reply to this post by Michael Van Canneyt
On 18/08/2019 10:43 am, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> One wonders why these README files are created. No-one seems to read them
> anyway.

Yeah, I've been wondering that same thing for years. Maybe we should
create a README.1st file.   :-P



Regards,
  Graeme

--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

My public PGP key:  http://tinyurl.com/graeme-pgp
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
https://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal