Delphi collaborates FPC?

Re: Delphi collaborates FPC?

Rainer Stratmann
Am Freitag, 1. September 2006 13:52 schrieb Leonardo M. RamX:
> Maybe a third party can distribute a commercial version of FreePascal /
> Lazarus and share profits with the FPC community/team. Just like many linux
> distributions do (think of something like RedHat, Debian, etc.).
Maybe it can be a (first) step. Imo it is better the FPC community/team gets
direct support. Because (forgive me) what has a third party to do with it,
except that they benefit from it? This may be gets a negative dynamic.
In another way may be it can be positive if there is a powerful responsible
party behind it that does not influence the community by their strange views
of capitalism.
I don't know about functioning models to support a good thing in a community
environment (correct distribution of the support) but what I know is that it
is not possible to make a good thing without support (I repeat that is my
experience). In other words saying the project will be even better if there
is enough support. And that should be possible in some way, because people
use it and they are satisfied with it!

May be I'm wrong, but that is my opinion.

May be a simple donations Button can be a solution.

Rainer

P.S. Yes someone have to write a book and keep it in order. Not the whole day,
but this has to be done.

> My opinion.
>
> --- Rainer Stratmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > I so agree with that!  :-)
> >
> > Has someone another opinion, or is it only allowed to say something if
> > someone has the same opinion???
> >
> > sorry :-(
> >
> > Rainer
> >
> > > Graeme.

Re: Delphi collaborates FPC?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
On 9/1/06, Rainer Stratmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Has someone another opinion, or is it only allowed to say something if someone
> has the same opinion???

Of course it´s allowed! I for example disagree.

That´s why I created the bounties:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Bounties

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho