Delphi TService

Marco van de Voort-2

Does somebody have a compatible TService somewhere for dual compilation
Delphi/Lazarus purposes? There is daemonapp, but that seems to be
incompatible, but maybe it can be wrapped?

Re: Delphi TService

Michael Van Canneyt

On Wed, 20 May 2020, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> Does somebody have a compatible TService somewhere for dual compilation
> Delphi/Lazarus purposes? There is daemonapp, but that seems to be
> incompatible, but maybe it can be wrapped?

It can be easily wrapped.
The only difference is that the registration is separate
from the actual service implementation.
The usual events are there just as in TService.

Re: Delphi TService

Free Pascal - General mailing list
On Wed, 20 May 2020 11:15:59 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 May 2020, Marco van de Voort wrote:
>

>> Does somebody have a compatible TService somewhere for dual compilation
>> Delphi/Lazarus purposes? There is daemonapp, but that seems to be
>> incompatible, but maybe it can be wrapped?
>
>It can be easily wrapped.
>The only difference is that the registration is separate
>from the actual service implementation.
>The usual events are there just as in TService.

I think it woud be very useful if someone familiar with the inner
workings of FPC/Lazarus could create the wrapper needed to port a
Delphi service application using TService to fpc/lazarus, probably
using TDaemon as parent or similar.

I tried it last week but wound up with Lazarus unable to start since
it tries to reload the faulty project including the half/baked attempt
at defining TService as a child of TDaemon....
And it ends with Lazarus unloading from memory (aka crashing)...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden