This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
Windows 7 makes it easy changing the Windows log-on screen.
1. Go to start, and click on Run, type Regedit & press enter there.
2. Navigate to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\ LogonUI\Background
3. Double-click the OEMBackground DWORD key
4. Set value of the key to 1.
5. Select a background image for Logon Screen with size less than 256KB in size (Use of Image Resize software like VSO Resizer can help)
6. Copy that image into the C:\Windows\system32\oobe\info\backgrounds folder
7. Rename the image to backgroundDefault.jpg
8. Reboot, and now your logon Image would have changed.
It has happened to almost all of us, you can't access the files you need on your computer because you forgot the password to your administrator account or the user. It is a computer that you rarely used and you need get important information from it. But it has been so long that you forgot the password to the computer. What options do you have other than reinstalling the operating system and reformatting the drive and erasing the data in the process.
You can customize the windows 7 logon screen, some of the tips are,
1) Click the windows start menu and in the search bar enter regedit.
2) Once you right click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE , select find and search for OEMBackground.
3) Change the value from zero to one in OEMBackground by double clicking it. For information visit techspot.com/guides/224-change-logon-screen-windows7