Custom file drivers

Anton Shepelev
Hello, all

The  documentation  on  the FILE and TEXT types says
that "nothing prevents the programmer, from  writing
a  file  driver that stores its data for instance in
memory." Is there a more detailed instruction or  an
example illustrating how to do it?

--
Please, do not forward replies to my e-mail.

Re: Custom file drivers

Marco van de Voort
In our previous episode, Anton Shepelev said:
> The  documentation  on  the FILE and TEXT types says
> that "nothing prevents the programmer, from  writing
> a  file  driver that stores its data for instance in
> memory." Is there a more detailed instruction or  an
> example illustrating how to do it?

Have a look at unit streamio in package fcl-base (packages/fcl-base/src)
which redirects a textfile to a stream.

Re: Custom file drivers

Anton Shepelev
Marco van de Voort to Anton Shepelev:

> > The  documentation  on  the  FILE and TEXT types
> > says that "nothing prevents the programmer, from
> > writing  a  file driver that stores its data for
> > instance in memory." Is there  a  more  detailed
> > instruction or an example illustrating how to do
> > it?
>
> Have a look at unit streamio in  package  fcl-base
> (packages/fcl-base/src) which redirects a textfile
> to a stream.

Thanks.  That one works  with  TEXT  overriding  its
functions   openfunc,   inoutfunc,   flushfunc,  and
closefunc, whereas the structure FileRec has none of
them  and contains only a THandle member.  Does that
mean that one can write a custom driver for TEXT but
not for FILE?

--
Please, do not forward replies to my e-mail.