Cross compiling from win32 to linux

Adrian Veith
I try to crosscompile in win32 to linux with fpc 2.1.1.
I use the options: -Sd -B -Tlinux

The compiler compiles all the sources without problem, but the linker
reports an errror: unrecognised emulation mode: elf_i386
this is because fpc calls ld instead of i386-linux-ld
when i rename i386-linux-ld to ld, the linker reports another error:
cannot find -lpthread

where is my fault ?

thanks,

Adrian Veith.

Re: Cross compiling from win32 to linux

Peter Vreman
> I try to crosscompile in win32 to linux with fpc 2.1.1.
> I use the options: -Sd -B -Tlinux
>
> The compiler compiles all the sources without problem, but the linker
> reports an errror: unrecognised emulation mode: elf_i386
> this is because fpc calls ld instead of i386-linux-ld
> when i rename i386-linux-ld to ld, the linker reports another error:
> cannot find -lpthread
>
> where is my fault ?

Use -XPi386-linux- to let fpc use i386-linux-ld for the linking. You also
need to have a copy of all .so files needed for the linking. Put them in a
directory and pass -Fl