Cross Compiling from FreeBSD

Tamara Bunke
Greetings to the List:

I installed FPC-2.0.2 as well as Lazarus from the source tarballs on
my FreeBSD 6.1 system. I would like to be able to cross-compile to
both Linux and to Windows.

I have read the wiki at:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Cross_compiling_for_Win32_under_Linux
and succeeded in getting to step # 2.4 "Download the gnu binutils". In
step # 2.5 "Cross build binutils", the instructions say to:

[]$ cd ~/sources/fpc/install/cross/
[]$ cp buildcrossbinutils buildcrossbinutils.sh

Unfortunately, my FPC source tree, has no such script called
"buildcrossbinutils.sh".

The Docs must be old. Can someone point me to where/how to properly
set up this system to Cross-Compile? I will be needing the tools (LD,
AS... etc), as well as the units for both Linux and Win32.

Thanks!

Tamara

Re: Cross Compiling from FreeBSD

Mattias Gaertner
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 14:55:13 -0400
"Tamara Bunke" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings to the List:
>
> I installed FPC-2.0.2 as well as Lazarus from the source tarballs on
> my FreeBSD 6.1 system. I would like to be able to cross-compile to
> both Linux and to Windows.
>
> I have read the wiki at:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Cross_compiling_for_Win32_under_Linux
> and succeeded in getting to step # 2.4 "Download the gnu binutils". In
> step # 2.5 "Cross build binutils", the instructions say to:
>
> []$ cd ~/sources/fpc/install/cross/
> []$ cp buildcrossbinutils buildcrossbinutils.sh
>
> Unfortunately, my FPC source tree, has no such script called
> "buildcrossbinutils.sh".

I updated the wiki.
The install directory is now in the fpcbuild repository:

svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/branches/fixes_2_0/install
install

On 7/22/06, Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I updated the wiki.
> The install directory is now in the fpcbuild repository:
>
> svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/branches/fixes_2_0/install
> install

Thank you  Mattias! I now seem to have all I need. Looks pretty
straight forward.

Tamara