Creating video files

Krzysztof
Hi,

I would like to write video (created from series of bitmaps) to some
popular video formats like avi, flv. Is this possible? Has FPC
bindings for video librarys?
I googled that WinFF (http://winff.org/html_new/) is written in FPC
and Lazarus, so I supose that some bindings exists but can't find any
in http://wiki.freepascal.org/Multimedia_Programming

Regards.

Re: Creating video files

Gerhard Scholz
In my opinion, the easiest way is to create a series of BMP's and then use
VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod (I think it's at Sourceforge).

Greetings

> I would like to write video (created from series of bitmaps) to some
> popular video formats like avi, flv. Is this possible? Has FPC
> bindings for video librarys?
> I googled that WinFF (http://winff.org/html_new/) is written in FPC
> and Lazarus, so I supose that some bindings exists but can't find any
> in http://wiki.freepascal.org/Multimedia_Programming
>
> Regards.

Re: Creating video files

Krzysztof
Hmm, external application is nice idea. But VirtualDub is windows
only. Anyone know multi-platform comandline video converter? What I
found is Mencoder. I must test it

2012/6/20 Gerhard Scholz <[hidden email]>:

> In my opinion, the easiest way is to create a series of BMP's and then use
> VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod (I think it's at Sourceforge).
>
> Greetings

Re: Creating video files

etrusco
Apart from _the_ multi-platform commandline video converter, ffmpeg?
http://ffmpeg.org/
It's the back-end for WinFF (and most other utilities like these).
Also, I would expect VirtualDub to run fine with WINE.

-Flávio

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmm, external application is nice idea. But VirtualDub is windows
> only. Anyone know multi-platform comandline video converter? What I
> found is Mencoder. I must test it
>
> 2012/6/20 Gerhard Scholz <[hidden email]>:
>> In my opinion, the easiest way is to create a series of BMP's and then use
>> VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod (I think it's at Sourceforge).
>>
>> Greetings

Re: Creating video files

Krzysztof
Ffmpeg looks similar like Mencoder project. So I have some solutions
for output encoding, but there is a problem how to send frames to this
encoders. Mencoder can encode video from series of PNG files, but
can't find similar option in ffmpeg. Anyone know something about RAW
video format? It seems that this is some standard and most of players
/ encoders can handle it. I could use it as input for ffmpeg/mencoder
but need some bindings / tips for FPC

2012/6/20 Flávio Etrusco <[hidden email]>:

> Apart from _the_ multi-platform commandline video converter, ffmpeg?
> http://ffmpeg.org/
> It's the back-end for WinFF (and most other utilities like these).
> Also, I would expect VirtualDub to run fine with WINE.
>
> -Flávio
>
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hmm, external application is nice idea. But VirtualDub is windows
>> only. Anyone know multi-platform comandline video converter? What I
>> found is Mencoder. I must test it
>>
>> 2012/6/20 Gerhard Scholz <[hidden email]>:
>>> In my opinion, the easiest way is to create a series of BMP's and then use
>>> VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod (I think it's at Sourceforge).
>>>
>>> Greetings

Re: Creating video files

Giuliano Colla
Il 20/06/2012 19:22, Krzysztof ha scritto:
Ffmpeg looks similar like Mencoder project. So I have some solutions
for output encoding, but there is a problem how to send frames to this
encoders. Mencoder can encode video from series of PNG files, but
can't find similar option in ffmpeg.

That's the command line to convert a png file image to a mpeg2 video format, using ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -f image2 -vcodec png -i menu.png -target pal-dvd -vcodec mpeg2video -an menu.mpeg

this makes me believe that the ffmpeg libraries should provide all what's required.

Giuliano

Re: Creating video files

Gerhard Scholz-2
VirtualDub(Mod) accepts as input a series of BMP
(name000.bmp,name001.bmp,name002.bmp,...)

You can give it a script file for execution. The best is to do it by hand
once and save the script, then you know what your program must generate.

Ffmpeg looks similar like Mencoder project. So I have some solutions
for output encoding, but there is a problem how to send frames to this
encoders. Mencoder can encode video from series of PNG files, but
can't find similar option in ffmpeg. Anyone know something about RAW
video format? It seems that this is some standard and most of players
/ encoders can handle it. I could use it as input for ffmpeg/mencoder
but need some bindings / tips for FPC

2012/6/20 Flávio Etrusco <[hidden email]>:

> Apart from _the_ multi-platform commandline video converter, ffmpeg?
> http://ffmpeg.org/
> It's the back-end for WinFF (and most other utilities like these).
> Also, I would expect VirtualDub to run fine with WINE.
>
> -Flávio
>
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hmm, external application is nice idea. But VirtualDub is windows
>> only. Anyone know multi-platform comandline video converter? What I
>> found is Mencoder. I must test it
>>
>> 2012/6/20 Gerhard Scholz <[hidden email]>:
>>> In my opinion, the easiest way is to create a series of BMP's and then
>>> use
>>> VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod (I think it's at Sourceforge).
>>>
>>> Greetings

Re: Creating video files

Bernd Kreuss
2012/6/20 Krzysztof <[hidden email]>:
> Ffmpeg looks similar like Mencoder project. So I have some solutions
> for output encoding, but there is a problem how to send frames to this
> encoders. Mencoder can encode video from series of PNG files, but
> can't find similar option in ffmpeg.

ffmpeg can read a stream of frames directly from stdin. I don't have a
working exmple now but I once used this to pipe a stream of ppm images
from another application to ffmpeg.