Create and use a wrapper class in java

fredvs
Hello wonderful fpc people.

Hum, i want to create a Java wrapper class to access some fpc Java native libraries.
I have already asked it everywhere, looking in all Java doc, but... without luck.

Here the unique answer i get (from codeguru.com)

=> http://forums.codeguru.com/showthread.php?544463-Create-and-use-a-wrapper-class-in-java&p=2151435#post2151435

But that answer is not working (see my last post in codeguru.com).

How to do it or where to search help (and get a working example) ?

Many thanks.

Fred
Many thanks ;-)

Re: Create and use a wrapper class in java

patspiper
On 27/04/14 16:06, fredvs wrote:

> Hello wonderful fpc people.
>
> Hum, i want to create a Java wrapper class to access some fpc Java native
> libraries.
> I have already asked it everywhere, looking in all Java doc, but... without
> luck.
>
> Here the unique answer i get (from codeguru.com)
>
> =>
> http://forums.codeguru.com/showthread.php?544463-Create-and-use-a-wrapper-class-in-java&p=2151435#post2151435
>
> But that answer is not working (see my last post in codeguru.com).
>
> How to do it or where to search help (and get a working example) ?

It seems java thinks your main is in TheWrapper class. Did you put each
class in a separate file?

Stephano

Re: Create and use a wrapper class in java

fredvs
Hello Stephano.

>> Did you put each class in a separate file?

Yes, of course, it is the goal :
=> a separate wrapper class (TheWrapper.java), with all the methods defined to use the library,
=> and the main class (test.java) who uses that wrapper class.

So, the same wrapper class way be used by other main class...

But impossible to find how to do that... ;-(

Many thanks ;-)

Re: Create and use a wrapper class in java

Ewald-2

On 27 Apr 2014, at 23:40, fredvs wrote:

> Hello Stephano.
>
>>> Did you put each class in a separate file?
>
> Yes, of course, it is the goal :
> => a separate wrapper class (TheWrapper.java), with all the methods defined
> to use the library,
> => and the main class (test.java) who uses that wrapper class.
>
> So, the same wrapper class way be used by other main class...
>
> But impossible to find how to do that... ;-(

Just a guess here, but what command did you use to "run" the `main class`? Something like `java test` of rather `java TheWrapper`? From the message you get it seems to me you ran the latter. If true then try the former. Finally, instead of immediately going for the JNI approach, try to get the wrapper class working with something that simply prints something to stdout (System.Out.println() if I'm not mistaking?). Your chances of getting help with some extremely simple bit of java code are a lot better that case IMHO.

--
Ewald

Re: Create and use a wrapper class in java

fredvs
>> Something like `java test` of rather `java TheWrapper`?

I did first compile both class with javac test and javac TheWrapper. => ok, both compile without error...
Then i run java test and get the error message...

Hum, it is exactly what i try to do (for giving to fpc-wiki, with some println("Hello world")...)
Many thanks ;-)

Re: Create and use a wrapper class in java

fredvs
>> Just a guess here, but what command did you use to "run" the `main class`?

Yep, Ewald, you get it (and me too) :-)

It seems that, indeed, i used the wrong run-parameter.

And guess what... IT WORKS.

Ok, Java is now completely in the basket of fpc libraries.
Time to present to the lucky Java people some wonderful fpc Java native libraries.
And with the wrapper class included, ready to use, s'il vous plait.

Many thanks to Stephano and Ewald.

PS : ASAP, i will update the fpc wiki...
Many thanks ;-)

Re: Create and use a wrapper class in java

fredvs
>> PS : ASAP, i will update the fpc wiki...

Done => http://wiki.freepascal.org/Using_Pascal_Libraries_with_Java
Many thanks ;-)