Computer Language Shootout - updated to Free Pascal 2.0.2

Computer Language Shootout - updated to Free Pascal 2.0.2

Isaac Gouy
All the Free Pascal programs on Intel P4 have been re-measured with
Free Pascal 2.0.2

Several older benchmarks have been deprecated and replaced.

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/pascal.php

best wishes, Isaac

Re: Computer Language Shootout - updated to Free Pascal2.0.2

L505
Some of the tests place sysutils in the uses clause but in fact it is not needed in
the uses clause for some programs to work. Removing it from the uses clause where not
needed would improve the memory footprint of the program, since sysutils hauls in
initialization for things like widestrings and etc.

i.e. this program here does not need sysutils at all, according to when I compile it:
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.php?test=fannkuch&lang=fpascal

Re: Computer Language Shootout - updated to Free Pascal2.0.2

Isaac Gouy
We welcome more elegant and/or faster programs.

To contribute please attach a complete source code file to a tracker
item following the FAQ instructions:

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/faq.php#contributeprogram

best wishes, Isaac

--- L505 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Some of the tests place sysutils in the uses clause but in fact it is
> not needed in
> the uses clause for some programs to work. Removing it from the uses
> clause where not
> needed would improve the memory footprint of the program, since
> sysutils hauls in
> initialization for things like widestrings and etc.
>
> i.e. this program here does not need sysutils at all, according to
> when I compile it:

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.php?test=fannkuch&lang=fpascal

Re: Computer Language Shootout - updated to Free Pascal 2.0.2

Micha Nelissen
Isaac Gouy wrote:
> Several older benchmarks have been deprecated and replaced.
>
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/pascal.php

Hmm why is mandelbrot so slow for fpc ? Is it doing any output buffering ?

Micha

Re: Computer Language Shootout - updated to Free Pascal2.0.2

Florian Klämpfl
Isaac Gouy wrote:
> We welcome more elegant and/or faster programs.
>
> To contribute please attach a complete source code file to a tracker
> item following the FAQ instructions:
>
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/faq.php#contributeprogram

I think Ales Katona submitted already a lot of improved programs and it was ignored.

--- Florian Klaempfl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Isaac Gouy wrote:
> > We welcome more elegant and/or faster programs.
> >
> > To contribute please attach a complete source code file to a
> tracker
> > item following the FAQ instructions:
> >
> > http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/faq.php#contributeprogram
>
> I think Ales Katona submitted already a lot of improved programs and
> it was ignored.

Ales Katona contributed many improved programs during May, June and
August 2005. His contributions have not been ignored!

Please do not spread mis-information - simply looking at the Free
Pascal pages would show you his programs!

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=fpascal&lang2=fpascal
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/sandbox/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=fpascal&lang2=fpascal

As I said, benchmarks have been deprecated and replaced by new
benchmarks, which only have programs written by Free Pascal newbies.

best wishes, Isaac