Complex circular references

denisgolovan
Hi all

Now and again, I am trying to debug complex circular references.
By complex circular references I mean those which are produced by cyclic graphs of units, not simple one unit uses another and that uses the first one.

Unfortunately, currently fpc just shows that some circular references exist between units.
I wonder, is it possible to receive some more detailed information on those graphs?

Denis Golovan

Re: Complex circular references

Peter
PasDoc can produce 'dot' files of unit dependencies. (No idea if it will
handle circular refs though). GraphViz can then be used to produce
images based on the 'dot' files. I gave up with it because it did not
parse the implementaion sections, but you won't be needing that for unit
dependences. (I was hoping for a full class heirachy diagram).

http://pasdoc.sipsolutions.net/

Regards,
Peter

On 22/11/12 15:18, denisgolovan wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Now and again, I am trying to debug complex circular references.
> By complex circular references I mean those which are produced by cyclic graphs of units, not simple one unit uses another and that uses the first one.
>
> Unfortunately, currently fpc just shows that some circular references exist between units.
> I wonder, is it possible to receive some more detailed information on those graphs?
>
>   --
> Regards,
> Denis Golovan

Re: Complex circular references

shiruba2012

Hi.

I also wrote something that makes dot files for graphvis, and it does look at the implementation and interface sections.  Search for pasviz.

Thank you,
      Noah silva

2012/11/23 0:18 "denisgolovan" <[hidden email]>:
Hi all

Now and again, I am trying to debug complex circular references.
By complex circular references I mean those which are produced by cyclic graphs of units, not simple one unit uses another and that uses the first one.

Unfortunately, currently fpc just shows that some circular references exist between units.
I wonder, is it possible to receive some more detailed information on those graphs?

Denis Golovan

Re: Complex circular references

anatolamike
Circular references can be useful in situations such as the following:

If you want to perform a calculation for which you need the last result to be a new input value for the calculation. For example, you are creating a calculation model of a chemical facility where (part of) an input stream of a process is a recycled output stream of the same process.

If you want a cell to remember the date at which an entry was made into another cell.

DJs Chicago
dj services Chicago