Compiling on Raspberry Pi

Koenraad Lelong-2
Hi,

I recently recieved my Raspberry PI. That's an arm-linux device.
I downloaded the easyfpgui-package from
http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm.
I can't compile the dbgterm, I get errors on baudrates that seem
undefined. In the sources these baudrates are enclosed in IFDEF's. How
can I know what constants are defined, is there an easy way ? Of course
I could write a pascal-program with just writeln's enclosed in an IFDEF
of each possible constant. But where does fpc get the values of these
constants from ?

The rest of the apps compile fine although I had no possibility to test
them since I don't yet have a suitable video-cable.

TIA,

Koenraad Lelong.

Re: Compiling on Raspberry Pi

On 7 August 2012 11:54, Koenraad Lelong <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The rest of the apps compile fine although I had no possibility to test them
> since I don't yet have a suitable video-cable.

I had to delay my Raspberry Pi order until I moved to the UK. I can't
wait to receive mine now. :-D

You mention you compiled all other apps fine. Does that mean including
the fpGUI apps? Is so, brilliant - all without me having to do
anything in fpGUI. :)

As for your problem about compiler defines. I'm not sure, but maybe
you could take a look at Lazarus code (if you have Lazarus available).
Lazarus has a dialog that shows active compiler defines, but I don't
know if they somehow query FPC, or if it is just a bunch of hard-coded
compiler defines. Lets hope its not the latter. Anyway to get to that
dialog in Lazarus you do: Right click in editor window -> Source ->
Unit Information -> Show Codetools Values.

Re: Compiling on Raspberry Pi

Mattias Gaertner

Graeme Geldenhuys <[hidden email]> hat am 7. August 2012 um 16:45 geschrieben:> Hi,

> On 7 August 2012 11:54, Koenraad Lelong <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The rest of the apps compile fine although I had no possibility to test them
> > since I don't yet have a suitable video-cable.
>

> I had to delay my Raspberry Pi order until I moved to the UK. I can't
> wait to receive mine now. :-D
>
> You mention you compiled all other apps fine. Does that mean including
> the fpGUI apps? Is so, brilliant - all without me having to do
> anything in fpGUI. :)
>
> As for your problem about compiler defines. I'm not sure, but maybe
> you could take a look at Lazarus code (if you have Lazarus available).
> Lazarus has a dialog that shows active compiler defines, but I don't
> know if they somehow query FPC, or if it is just a bunch of hard-coded
> compiler defines. Lets hope its not the latter. Anyway to get to that
> dialog in Lazarus you do: Right click in editor window -> Source ->
> Unit Information -> Show Codetools Values.

It's a mix.
Lazarus queries fpc for the standard defines and then adds/removes defines depending on the compiler options.

Re: Compiling on Raspberry Pi

Paul Breneman
Hi Koenraad,

> I recently recieved my Raspberry PI. That's an arm-linux device.
> I downloaded the easyfpgui-package from
> http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm.
> I can't compile the dbgterm, I get errors on baudrates that seem
> undefined. In the sources these baudrates are enclosed in IFDEF's. How
> can I know what constants are defined, is there an easy way ? Of course
> I could write a pascal-program with just writeln's enclosed in an IFDEF
> of each possible constant. But where does fpc get the values of these
> constants from ?
>
> The rest of the apps compile fine although I had no possibility to test
> them since I don't yet have a suitable video-cable.

Someone has already reported: "At least the helloworld and memotest seem
to compile and run OK."
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=11622&p=127349#p127349

You might want to copy the two files in the SynaSerFromSynapse40 folder
to the root folder and remove "synafpc" from the interface uses list in
both units.  That might get things to compile for you.

I'll have to use QEmu and try compiling DbgTerm as that is how I tested
things as I don't have a Raspberry Pi (yet).

Please report back here if/when you get further.  Thanks!

Paul