Comedi hardware support

Hartmut Eilers
Hi everybody,

I want to support the comedi hardware lib to access
I/O hardware from my project OpenMSR.
( http://www.comedi.org )
I googled for anything regards that but had no success.
So I decided to write a unit which interfaces to the c library.

But I have really no idea how to translate the c headerfile
with its structures to freepascal.
Is there anybody out who can help me to translate the
header file into a unit ?

Is somebody else working on that ?

Thanks for your help

Hartmut

--
Hartmut Eilers                           http://www.openmsr.org
                                                  http://www.eilers.net

Re: Comedi hardware support

Alberto Narduzzi
Hi,

> But I have really no idea how to translate the c headerfile
> with its structures to freepascal.
> Is there anybody out who can help me to translate the
> header file into a unit ?

Can you pass over the .h file? Maybe I can help.

Please, check the rules of the ML, as I can't tell you for sure you are
allowed to attach files. Although a .h file is small...

Cheers, A.

Re: Comedi hardware support

Roland Schäfer

Hartmut Eilers skrev:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to support the comedi hardware lib to access
> I/O hardware from my project OpenMSR.
> ( http://www.comedi.org )
> I googled for anything regards that but had no success.
> So I decided to write a unit which interfaces to the c library.
>
> But I have really no idea how to translate the c headerfile
> with its structures to freepascal.
> Is there anybody out who can help me to translate the
> header file into a unit ?

I don't know if anyone is already working on comedi, but I managed to
successfully create many bindings after reading this:
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/docs-pdf/CinFreePascal.pdf

A good starting point for using translation tools is this:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Creating_bindings_for_C_libraries

I've looked into the comedi headers using their SVN browser, and they
seemed pretty short and straightforward, so translation should go smoothly.

Cheers!
Roland

Re: Comedi hardware support

Hartmut Eilers
Thanks, for your answers, I try my best and come back

Hartmut

--
Hartmut Eilers                          <[hidden email]>
Dorffer Str. 53                           http://www.eilers.net