Codegear big sell to russian education system

Codegear big sell to russian education system

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
Link:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080201/20080201005191.html?.v=1

I think it's pretty exciting news to all pascal fans =)

And also very good for Lazarus/Free Pascal. People will soon start
thinking: If only there was something similar to that, but
cross-platform and free software =)

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Re: Codegear big sell to russian education system

Giuliano Colla
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho ha scritto:

> Link:
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080201/20080201005191.html?.v=1
>
> I think it's pretty exciting news to all pascal fans =)
>
> And also very good for Lazarus/Free Pascal. People will soon start
> thinking: If only there was something similar to that, but
> cross-platform and free software =)

Couldn't some of our Russian friends speak a couple of words to this
effect in the ears of Russian Government?

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> Link:
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080201/20080201005191.html?.v=1
>
> I think it's pretty exciting news to all pascal fans =)
>
> And also very good for Lazarus/Free Pascal. People will soon start
> thinking: If only there was something similar to that, but
> cross-platform and free software =)

Indeed, because at home, people can't afford Delphi, and will (hopefully)
turn to Free Pascal/Lazarus.

Re: Codegear big sell to russian education system

Marco van de Voort
> On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
>
> > Link:
> >
> > http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080201/20080201005191.html?.v=1
> >
> > I think it's pretty exciting news to all pascal fans =)
> >
> > And also very good for Lazarus/Free Pascal. People will soon start
> > thinking: If only there was something similar to that, but
> > cross-platform and free software =)
>
> Indeed, because at home, people can't afford Delphi, and will (hopefully)
> turn to Free Pascal/Lazarus.

I don't know about Russia, but here educational site licenses typically also
include student related use at home.