Case insensitive comparison of strings with non-ascii characters

Re: DBus interface needs an update

Florian Klämpfl
theo schrieb:
> Florian Klaempfl schrieb:
>> Please create and attach it to an issue report so we don't forget it.
>>

> You mean using the bugtracker?

Yes.

> If you like, you could also add the files to packages/dbus
>
> What do you prefer?

Bug tracker, simply because somebody with at least some knowledge about
dbus should review. My knowledge about dbus is close to zero :) I know
it's name and that's it :)

Re: DBus interface needs an update

theo-6
Florian Klaempfl schrieb:

>> You mean using the bugtracker?
> Yes.
OK, I can do that.

> Bug tracker, simply because somebody with at least some knowledge
> about dbus should review. My knowledge about dbus is close to zero :)
> I know it's name and that's it :)

Maybe the subject of this e-mail ist a bit misleading.

This is adding libhal and libhal-storage header translations.
They are only using dbus.pas, not updating it (which imho is not
necessary,  but probably a confusion with dbus-glib by the reporter).
These are only header translations not "rocket-science" ;-)
You can test them with the provided example lshalpas.pp.
lshalpas should produce the same results as lshal
http://linux.die.net/man/1/lshal
So imho testing lshalpas is enough "review" ;-)

Best regards
Theo

In our previous episode, Florian Klaempfl said:
> Yes.
>
> > If you like, you could also add the files to packages/dbus
> >
> > What do you prefer?
>
> Bug tracker, simply because somebody with at least some knowledge about
> dbus should review. My knowledge about dbus is close to zero :) I know
> it's name and that's it :)

That's why proper testprograms are so important for the diverse packages.

It makes it easier to judge if a patch improves something.

IMHO no new packages or signficant extensions to a package should be
accepted without a few console programs to at least use the basic
functionality, and a decent summary in the corresponding wikipage. And maybe
a readme that describes the setup for testing.

theo schrieb:

> Florian Klaempfl schrieb:
>>> You mean using the bugtracker?
>> Yes.
> OK, I can do that.
>> Bug tracker, simply because somebody with at least some knowledge
>> about dbus should review. My knowledge about dbus is close to zero :)
>> I know it's name and that's it :)
>
> Maybe the subject of this e-mail ist a bit misleading.
>
> This is adding libhal and libhal-storage header translations.
> They are only using dbus.pas, not updating it (which imho is not
> necessary,  but probably a confusion with dbus-glib by the reporter).
> These are only header translations not "rocket-science" ;-)
> You can test them with the provided example lshalpas.pp.
> lshalpas should produce the same results as lshal
> http://linux.die.net/man/1/lshal
> So imho testing lshalpas is enough "review" ;-)

I'am on windows so currently no testing despite the fact that one is
often interrupted and then it is forgotten :)