CRT unit, Fedora 5, Doesn't Work- Elaboration here

CRT unit, Fedora 5, Doesn't Work- Elaboration here

Jason P Sage
>>Jason P Sage wrote:
>>> A good example is that FreeVision and the FPC IDE do not work on my
>>> Linux either.
>>
>>Elaborate on "do not work" please ?
>>
>>Micha

[Jason Peter Sage] Hello Michael. "Does Not Work" means in this case that
the source code compiles, but when I run it (It DOES RUN) I have a blinking
cursor... that's it. Now this "test" was KDE xwindows, Fedora 5, I tried the
non xwindow mode just because I was curious... no dice - same symptoms. I
tried both shell and linux console varieties of the KDE "Terminal Window".

In the past I knew and expected character set difference, so I always wrote
a "text only" mode that just used colors and simple thing like asterisks and
pipe characters and dashes to make text gui windows etc.. no dice.

Jason P Sage

Re: CRT unit, Fedora 5, Doesn't Work- Elaboration here

Michael Van Canneyt

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Jason P Sage wrote:

>>> Elaborate on "do not work" please ?
>>>
>>> Micha
>
> [Jason Peter Sage] Hello Michael.

Micha <> Michael :-)

> "Does Not Work" means in this case that
> the source code compiles, but when I run it (It DOES RUN) I have a blinking
> cursor... that's it. Now this "test" was KDE xwindows, Fedora 5, I tried the
> non xwindow mode just because I was curious... no dice - same symptoms. I
> tried both shell and linux console varieties of the KDE "Terminal Window".

This is a known problem, and will be fixed in 2.0.4