CMS in Pascal ?

I'm looking for a minimalist flat-file CMS. There are many floating around,
I found a list on e.g.

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/flat-cms/

Is there one written in Object Pascal ?

Re: CMS in Pascal ?

Christian-W. Budde

Hello Michael,

while not being an entire CMS you can use DWScript (see
https://www.delphitools.info/dwscript/) to write your code in a nice
Object Pascal dialect. With this there are plenty of options such as a
server side solution with DWSCript Web Server (scroll further down for
more info and use the code from the GIT repository at
https://bitbucket.org/egrange/dwscript/overview )

With this the site http://www.beginend.net was built.

It allows you to not only write the HTML generator code in Object
Pascal, but also write the HTML script code in Object Pascal (transpiled
to JS on delivery).

Another idea would be to build a client side web "application" with
Smart Mobile Studio. While this is a commercial product, the entry
"basic" edition should be suitable.

The advantage of the client-side approach is that you can build platform
independent app-store apps with tools like Cordova in no time.

Kind regards,

        Christian

Am 12.03.2016 um 10:25 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a minimalist flat-file CMS. There are many floating around,
> I found a list on e.g.
>
> http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/flat-cms/
>
> Is there one written in Object Pascal ?
>
> Michael.

Re: CMS in Pascal ?

Michael Van Canneyt

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016, Christian-W. Budde wrote:

> Hello Michael,
>
> while not being an entire CMS you can use DWScript (see
> https://www.delphitools.info/dwscript/) to write your code in a nice
> Object Pascal dialect. With this there are plenty of options such as a
> server side solution with DWSCript Web Server (scroll further down for
> more info and use the code from the GIT repository at
> https://bitbucket.org/egrange/dwscript/overview )
>
> With this the site http://www.beginend.net was built.
>
> It allows you to not only write the HTML generator code in Object
> Pascal, but also write the HTML script code in Object Pascal (transpiled
> to JS on delivery).

Maybe my question was not clear :)
Or people have a different understanding of what a CMS is than I do :)

I am not looking to write code in a CMS. I am looking for an engine
that takes some simple html or markdown and presents it using one or
another nice template, with the necessary page links and whatnot.
(as in the sample link I presented).

Re: CMS in Pascal ?

Maciej Izak

Maybe my question was not clear :)
Or people have a different understanding of what a CMS is than I do :)

I am not looking to write code in a CMS. I am looking for an engine that takes some simple html or markdown and presents it using one or another nice template, with the necessary page links and whatnot. (as in the sample link I presented).

mORMot + mustache? :)
--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak