CDROM handling again

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

CDROM handling again

pianoman-3

Hello, I 'd like to do it under win32. Michael mentioned way under linux if
someone knows sometihing similar for win32 let me know.
Thanx in advance
Pianoman----- Original Message -----
From: <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 3:04 PM
Subject: fpc-pascal Digest, Vol 27, Issue 35


> Send fpc-pascal mailing list submissions to
> [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of fpc-pascal digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Re[2]: [fpc-pascal] Web site now translatable (???? ???????????)
>   2. Re[2]: [fpc-pascal] Web site now translatable (Dani?l Mantione)
>   3.  CDROM handling question (Pianoman)
>   4. Re:  Web site now translatable (Tomas Hajny)
>   5. Re:  Web site now translatable (Michael Van Canneyt)
>   6. Re:  CDROM handling question (Michael Van Canneyt)
>   7. Re:  Web site now translatable (Dani?l Mantione)
>   8. Re:  CDROM handling question (Henry Vermaak)
>   9. Re[2]: [fpc-pascal] Web site now translatable (???? ???????????)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:50:37 +0300
> From: ???? ??????????? <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re[2]: [fpc-pascal] Web site now translatable
> To: FPC-Pascal users discussions <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=koi8-r
>
>> > > If you would like to make the FPC website available in your own
>> > > language,
>
> Is there a magic button to see the actual page with the text (some words
> are not very easy to translate without context, and width can be important
> sometimes, sometimes it's not that obvious to guess the right page)?
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:03:34 +0100 (CET)
> From: Dani?l Mantione <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re[2]: [fpc-pascal] Web site now translatable
> To: FPC-Pascal users discussions <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>
>
> Op Tue, 21 Nov 2006, schreef ???? ???????????:
>
>> > > > If you would like to make the FPC website available in your own
>> > > > lan=
> guage, =
>
>> =
>
>> Is there a magic button to see the actual page with the text (some =
>
>> words are not very easy to translate without context, and width can be =
>
>> important sometimes, sometimes it's not that obvious to guess the right =
>
>> page)?
>
> You can click on "show files that use this message key". It isn't =
>
> everything, but the file name should tell you something about the URL a =
>
> message key is used on.
>
> Alternatively, enable translator mode and simply browse to the page you =
>
> would like to translate, then you will see everything in context.
>
> Dani=EBl
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:14:34 +0100
> From: "Pianoman" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [fpc-pascal] CDROM handling question
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <002601c70d66$9b7f8780$ae6d10ac@pianoman>
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=original
>
> Hello, I 'd like to ask how can I detect whether a CDROM drive is ejected.
> I
> have program which reads some data from CD after reading this data I eject
> the cd using some calls and user can replace the disk. How can I
> automatically close CD drive let's say after pressing enter?
> Regards
> Pianoman
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <[hidden email]>
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 12:00 PM
> Subject: fpc-pascal Digest, Vol 27, Issue 34
>
>
>> Send fpc-pascal mailing list submissions to
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>> http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of fpc-pascal digest..."
>>
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>>   1. Re:  Web site now translatable (???? ???????????)
>>   2. Re:  Web site now translatable (Dani?l Mantione)
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:05:08 +0300
>> From: ???? ??????????? <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] Web site now translatable
>> To: FPC-Pascal users discussions <[hidden email]>
>> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=koi8-r
>>
>>> If you would like to make the FPC website available in your own
>>> language,
>>
>> What encoding does it need? UTF8, UTF16, language specific (for example,
>> five are supported by Opera for cyrillic text, windows-1251 is the most
>> common).
>>
>> I can translate from English into Russian (I can bet I'm not the only
>> one).
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:10:59 +0100 (CET)
>> From: Dani?l Mantione <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] Web site now translatable
>> To: ???? ??????????? <[hidden email]>
>> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>
>>
>>
>> Op Tue, 21 Nov 2006, schreef ???? ???????????:
>>
>>> > If you would like to make the FPC website available in your own
>>> > languag=
>> e, =
>>
>>> =
>>
>>> What encoding does it need? UTF8, UTF16, language specific (for =
>>
>>> example, five are supported by Opera for cyrillic text, windows-1251 is
>>> =
>>
>>> the most common).
>>
>> Whatever you prefer. The database uses UTF-8, but I can configure the =
>>
>> website generator to generate any encoding.
>>
>> Dani=EBl
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
>> http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
>>
>> End of fpc-pascal Digest, Vol 27, Issue 34
>> ******************************************
>>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:39:53 +0100 (CET)
> From: "Tomas Hajny" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] Web site now translatable
> To: "FPC-Pascal users discussions" <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-2
>
> Daniël Mantione wrote:
>> Op Tue, 21 Nov 2006, schreef ???? ???????????:
>>
>>> > If you would like to make the FPC website available in your own
>>> language,
>>>
>>> What encoding does it need? UTF8, UTF16, language specific (for
>>> example, five are supported by Opera for cyrillic text, windows-1251 is
>>> the most common).
>>
>> Whatever you prefer. The database uses UTF-8, but I can configure the
>> website generator to generate any encoding.
>
> Well, preferably the WWW server should accept the charset configured in
> the browser...
>
> Tomas
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:49:04 +0100 (CET)
> From: Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] Web site now translatable
> To: FPC-Pascal users discussions <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>
>
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Tomas Hajny wrote:
>
>> Dani=EBl Mantione wrote:
>> > Op Tue, 21 Nov 2006, schreef ???? ???????????:
>> >
>> >> > If you would like to make the FPC website available in your own
>> >> language,
>> >>
>> >> What encoding does it need? UTF8, UTF16, language specific (for
>> >> example, five are supported by Opera for cyrillic text, windows-1251
>> >> is
>> >> the most common).
>> >
>> > Whatever you prefer. The database uses UTF-8, but I can configure the
>> > website generator to generate any encoding.
>> =
>
>> Well, preferably the WWW server should accept the charset configured in
>> the browser...
>
> Nooooo, =
>
> the browser should detect the charset sent by the server, and display it
> co=
> rrectly
> :-)
>
> If the client can do it, let the client do it. Golden rule for writing
> robust servers.
>
> Michael.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:50:03 +0100 (CET)
> From: Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] CDROM handling question
> To: FPC-Pascal users discussions <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
>
>
>
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Pianoman wrote:
>
>> Hello, I 'd like to ask how can I detect whether a CDROM drive is
>> ejected. I
>> have program which reads some data from CD after reading this data I
>> eject the
>> cd using some calls and user can replace the disk. How can I
>> automatically
>> close CD drive let's say after pressing enter?
>
> That highly depends on the platform. What OS do you use ?
>
> Michael.
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:57:21 +0100 (CET)
> From: Dani?l Mantione <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] Web site now translatable
> To: FPC-Pascal users discussions <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>
>
> Op Tue, 21 Nov 2006, schreef Michael Van Canneyt:
>
>> =
>
>> =
>
>> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Tomas Hajny wrote:
>> =
>
>> > Dani=EBl Mantione wrote:
>> > > Op Tue, 21 Nov 2006, schreef ???? ???????????:
>> > >
>> > >> > If you would like to make the FPC website available in your own
>> > >> language,
>> > >>
>> > >> What encoding does it need? UTF8, UTF16, language specific (for
>> > >> example, five are supported by Opera for cyrillic text,
>> > >> windows-1251=
> is
>> > >> the most common).
>> > >
>> > > Whatever you prefer. The database uses UTF-8, but I can configure the
>> > > website generator to generate any encoding.
>> > =
>
>> > Well, preferably the WWW server should accept the charset configured in
>> > the browser...
>
> If you want we can generate the pages in multiple encodings and use
> the same content negotitiation we use for the language to serve it in the
> right encoding.
>
>> Nooooo, =
>
>> the browser should detect the charset sent by the server, and display it
>> =
> correctly
>> :-)
>> =
>
>> If the client can do it, let the client do it. Golden rule for writing
>> robust servers.
>
> Well, you can make good use of this facility. Imagine a Russian using a =
>
> system that cannot display Cyrillic. Such system could still request a =
>
> page in Russian, but also community that it doesn't accept Cyrillic. The =
>
> web server can then send a Roman transliteration of the page.
>
> However, in practise I think we would be solving a problem that doesn't =
>
> exist, so no disagreement here.
>
> Dani=EBl
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:54:39 +0000
> From: "Henry Vermaak" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] CDROM handling question
> To: "FPC-Pascal users discussions" <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID:
> <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Pianoman wrote:
>> Hello, I 'd like to ask how can I detect whether a CDROM drive is
>> ejected. I
>> have program which reads some data from CD after reading this data I
>> eject the
>> cd using some calls and user can replace the disk. How can I
>> automatically
>> close CD drive let's say after pressing enter?
>
> Hello, if you're in linux you can get tray position with a
> CDROM_DRIVE_STATUS ioctl call.  There is a CDROMCLOSETRAY ioctl
> defined, but it didn't work for me (as far as I remember).
>
> Take a look at kernel docs for ioctl and cdrom.h.
>
> Henry
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:00:49 +0300
> From: ???? ??????????? <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re[2]: [fpc-pascal] Web site now translatable
> To: FPC-Pascal users discussions <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=koi8-r
>
>> > Op Tue, 21 Nov 2006, schreef ???? ???????????: <-- it's me
>> >> > If you would like to make the FPC website available in your own
>> >> language,
>> >> What encoding does it need? UTF8, UTF16, language specific (for
>> >> example, five are supported by Opera for cyrillic text, windows-1251
>> >> is
>> >> the most common).
>> > Whatever you prefer. The database uses UTF-8, but I can configure the
>> > website generator to generate any encoding.
>> Well, preferably the WWW server should accept the charset configured in
>> the browser...
> and
>> Nooooo,
>> the browser should detect the charset sent by the server, and display it
>> correctly
>> If the client can do it, let the client do it. Golden rule for writing
>> robust servers.
>
> I asked about encoding, because it is possible to enter text in incorrect
> encoding into "translator" (i.e.: "translator" supposes the text to be in
> windows-1251 and I enter text in ISO-8859-5 [for cyrillic text]).
>
> It looks like this problem does not arise if I type text in browser (Opera
> 9).
>
> WWW server may honour Accept-Charset HTTP request header, and it should be
> easy to translate text on server with known charset to another one, so any
> desire for accessibility (which is present, as I see, because otherwise
> the whole translation thing would not appear at all) leads to implementing
> this honour-thing.
>
> And client may have some problems displaying characters correctly (I don't
> think that it's possible to write 100%-hit encoding recognition) if the
> charset is not specified in the <meta http-equiv="content-type" ...
> charset="" > (well, if I get it right, it may be one step, not two, in the
> FPC website case; and as the webpages are static, there have to be copies
> with all the desired encodings).
>
> Anyway, it seems, that the website already deals with these things good
> enough. Most modern browsers do already support plenty of encodings.
>
> I didn't write anything ingenious, but if I'm wrong somewhere, please
> point at it.
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
> http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
>
> End of fpc-pascal Digest, Vol 27, Issue 35
> ******************************************
>

_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CDROM handling again

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
On 11/21/06, Pianoman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello, I 'd like to do it under win32. Michael mentioned way under linux if
> someone knows sometihing similar for win32 let me know.
> Thanx in advance

I don´t think there was any need to start a new thread, or to quote
duzens of messages, but here we go.

Googling I found this link that shows how to eject a cdrom on windows:

http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/UseNet/1999/0305a.txt

I think that based on that and researching more you can know how to do
other things related to CD-ROM. Not sure, but maybe this only works on
Windows NT.

Searching www.tamaracka.com on borland archives I found this code that
probably only works on win9x:

procedure Eject;
begin
  asm
    mov ax, 440Dh // generic IOCTL
    mov bx, 5 // Drive Number: a:=1, b:=2, c:=3 d:=4 e:=5
    mov ch, 8 // device category
    mov cl, 49h // Eject Removable Media
    int 21h
  end;
end;


--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CDROM handling again

Marc Weustink
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On 11/21/06, Pianoman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello, I 'd like to do it under win32. Michael mentioned way under
>> linux if
>> someone knows sometihing similar for win32 let me know.
>> Thanx in advance
>
> I don´t think there was any need to start a new thread,

FYI, When receiving messages as digest, one cannot keep the same thread.

Marc


_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal