Book....

bajrang soni
Hello. I just downloaded you Free Pascal software. I haven't programmed in
PASCAL for about 12 years. I am looking for a book or e-book that will
teach
me how to use the NEW pascal. What is the best reference material that you
can think of, consider me a beginner again!

I need to get up to speed with pascal so that I can use the Delphi OOP
interface, and have a clue as to what I am doing.

Thanks!

                                                            name : bajrang soni
                                                            email-  [hidden email]

Do you Yahoo!?

Re: Book....

Michael Van Canneyt

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, bajrang soni wrote:

> Hello. I just downloaded you Free Pascal software. I haven't programmed in
> PASCAL for about 12 years. I am looking for a book or e-book that will
> teach
> me how to use the NEW pascal. What is the best reference material that you
> can think of, consider me a beginner again!

The following are good tutorials:

Pascal:

http://www.marcocantu.com/epascal/default.htm

Delphi:

http://www.marcocantu.com/EDelphi/default.htm

Re: Book....

Marco Ciampa
On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 10:05:09AM +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, bajrang soni wrote:
>
> >Hello. I just downloaded you Free Pascal software. I haven't programmed in
> >PASCAL for about 12 years. I am looking for a book or e-book that will
> >teach
> >me how to use the NEW pascal. What is the best reference material that you
> >can think of, consider me a beginner again!
>
> The following are good tutorials:
>
> Pascal:
>
> http://www.marcocantu.com/epascal/default.htm
>
> Delphi:
>
> http://www.marcocantu.com/EDelphi/default.htm
>
> Michael.
Thank you for the same reason.
And for a good freepascal and/or Lazarus tutorial?
--

Marco Ciampa

Re: Book....

Michael Van Canneyt

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Marco Ciampa wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 10:05:09AM +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, bajrang soni wrote:
>>
>>> Hello. I just downloaded you Free Pascal software. I haven't programmed in
>>> PASCAL for about 12 years. I am looking for a book or e-book that will
>>> teach
>>> me how to use the NEW pascal. What is the best reference material that you
>>> can think of, consider me a beginner again!
>>
>> The following are good tutorials:
>>
>> Pascal:
>>
>> http://www.marcocantu.com/epascal/default.htm
>>
>> Delphi:
>>
>> http://www.marcocantu.com/EDelphi/default.htm
>>
>> Michael.
> Thank you for the same reason.
> And for a good freepascal and/or Lazarus tutorial?

None exist, to my knowledge.

Re: Book....

Mattias Gaertner
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:45:04 +0200 (Romance Daylight Time)
Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Marco Ciampa wrote:

> >> The following are good tutorials:
> >>
> >> Pascal:
> >>
> >> http://www.marcocantu.com/epascal/default.htm
> >>
> >> Delphi:
> >>
> >> http://www.marcocantu.com/EDelphi/default.htm
> >>
> >> Michael.
> > Thank you for the same reason.
> > And for a good freepascal and/or Lazarus tutorial?
>
> None exist, to my knowledge.

Here are some tutorials:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Lazarus_Documentation

Re: Book....

Tomas Hajny
Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Marco Ciampa wrote:

>>> The following are good tutorials:
>>>
>>> Pascal:
>>>
>>> http://www.marcocantu.com/epascal/default.htm
>>>
>>> Delphi:
>>>
>>> http://www.marcocantu.com/EDelphi/default.htm
>>>
>>> Michael.
>> Thank you for the same reason.
>> And for a good freepascal and/or Lazarus tutorial?
>
> None exist, to my knowledge.

... but there is very good documentation distributed with FPC which can
certainly serve as "reference material" (just in case you're not aware of
that).

Tomas

Re: Book....

Ewald Horn
Mmm,

I used Pascal last in Turbo Pascal 7 days... It's surprising how much is
coming back from all those years ago just by going through the FPC examples
and documentation. Sure, I do find the OOP stuff a little confusing at
times, but keep at it, Pascal still rocks!

Ewald

Re: Book....

Dean Zobec
bajrang soni ha scritto:

> Hello. I just downloaded you Free Pascal software. I haven't programmed in
> PASCAL for about 12 years. I am looking for a book or e-book that will
> teach
> me how to use the NEW pascal. What is the best reference material that you
> can think of, consider me a beginner again!
>
> I need to get up to speed with pascal so that I can use the Delphi OOP
> interface, and have a clue as to what I am doing.

I suggest you to read this online chapter of Delphi in a Nutshell
related to Delphi Object Model, most of it applies to Free Pascal as well:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/delphi/chapter/ch02.html
IMO It's the best short guide on the Pascal oop model.
Ciao, Dean

Re: Book....

Tiziano De Togni
bajrang soni ha scritto:
> Hello. I just downloaded you Free Pascal software. I haven't programmed in
> PASCAL for about 12 years. I am looking for a book or e-book that will
> teach
> me how to use the NEW pascal. What is the best reference material that you
> can think of, consider me a beginner again!
>
> I need to get up to speed with pascal so that I can use the Delphi OOP
> interface, and have a clue as to what I am doing.

this is for the basics and origins of OOP, pre-Delphi stuff but still
actual:

http://bdn.borland.com/article/images/20803/TP_55_OOP_Guide.pdf

bye
tiziano